Question

How to setup a reply to email advising of OOO

• 17 November 2021
  • 10 replies

Hi,

Anyone has an example of Zaps to automatically reply to emails in Gmail on the non-working days.

Example: Tuesday is my day when I am OOO and I want to automatically reply to all new emails that their emails will be read only on Wednesday. It seems to be a very simple task but I just cannot find a way to implement it. 

Regards,

Valentina 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Valentina 

There are several ways to do this, one way would be using:

1. Trigger: New Gmail Emails
  2. Action: Add a formatter like this, make sure to adjust time zone

It will give an output like this;

1. Action: You can then add a filter step which check if the day is Tuesday.
  2. Action: Use gmail reply action to send reply to whoever emails.

edit: Here is the resource for getting time value I entered in ‘Input’ field: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/insert-the-time-your-zap-runs-into-a-field

Hi Rob,

Do you know why it might not show me format: dddd? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey Valentina! Double check that your time-zone matches what you are looking for. It might be worth checking this page out- https://zapier.com/help/create/format/modify-date-and-time-formats-in-zaps#customize-date-time-options

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Valentina 

Use the ‘Custom’ option tab, then type in your desired format.

Hi @Valentina 

Use the ‘Custom’ option tab, then type in your desired format.

Hi Troy,

Thanks for answer but it doesn’t let me choose “dddd” in Custom tab, it gives me only fields from email as options:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Valentina,

Ah, it looks like you’ll want to try typing in the desired custom date format (dddd) directly into the To Format field like so:

bee9ba6d178b6a480bb63bf1330c537c.png

Hopefully that’ll help to do the trick :)

Hey @Valentina,

Ah, it looks like you’ll want to try typing in the desired custom date format (dddd) directly into the To Format field like so:

bee9ba6d178b6a480bb63bf1330c537c.png

Hopefully that’ll help to do the trick :)

Hi SamB, it worked! Thanks a lot.

Now I still have an error:

I think it is because of email address value, shall I format it as well and how? Sorry so lost with this tool. 

Regards,

Valentina

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Valentina 

The Thread field expects the Thread ID from the Zap trigger (step 1).

Hi @Valentina 

The Thread field expects the Thread ID from the Zap trigger (step 1).

Hi Troy,

thanks for your reply.

I changed it to threadid but it doesn’t send reply. Do you know if there is some kind of delay btw email is received and reply is sent?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Valentina 

Gmail triggers are NOT instant.

Example: (notice Scheduled at the bottom right)

Trigger types

There are two types of triggers:

1. Polling trigger: the majority of triggers are polling triggers. With a polling trigger, Zapier will check for new data from your trigger every 1 to 15 minutes in order to start your Zap, depending on your pricing plan.
  2. Instant trigger: with an instant trigger, your trigger app will send Zapier an instant notification whenever there's new data. Zaps with instant triggers are labeled Instant on your dashboard and in the Zap editor.