Best answer

Help needed with Zap to link Amazon Seller Central to Power Bi

• 9 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Is it possible to use Zapier to create a zap that:

1 - For every new order created in Amazon Seller Central, create a new row in an Excel sheet.

2 - Use Power Bi to pull data from that Excel spreadsheet and refresh it regularly to allow me to create reports.

I’m guessing Zapier can handle the first part, can anyone with Power Bi experience verify that part two is possible as well?

Many thanks.

icon

Best answer by ForYourIT 9 April 2020, 12:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi there @ianantwalks ,

So I personally don't have experience with this, but I think you can solve it pretty easily. 

1 - For every new order created in Amazon Seller Central, create a new row in an Excel sheet.

Like you say, this shouldn't be an issue with Zapier, using the Amazon Seller Central & Excel sheet apps. 

2 - Use Power Bi to pull data from that Excel spreadsheet and refresh it regularly to allow me to create reports.

What you could do is the following:

• Publish the sheet file to web by “File” → “Publish to web” → “Full Document”
  • In Power Bi, add a new source and look for “Web”. In this source you can paste the published URL from google sheets
  • Enable automatic refresh in Power Bi to keep data updated. I found this article about it

This does mean the published URL is visible for anyone online, as long as they know the generated URL. If this data as sensitive information you might want to figure out another way. Let me know if this is the case.

Tell me how this goes! And if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Bjorn @ForYourIT

Hi there @ianantwalks ,

So I personally don't have experience with this, but I think you can solve it pretty easily. 

Like you say, this shouldn't be an issue with Zapier, using the Amazon Seller Central & Excel sheet apps. 

What you could do is the following:

• Publish the sheet file to web by “File” → “Publish to web” → “Full Document”
  • In Power Bi, add a new source and look for “Web”. In this source you can paste the published URL from google sheets
  • Enable automatic refresh in Power Bi to keep data updated. I found this article about it

This does mean the published URL is visible for anyone online, as long as they know the generated URL. If this data as sensitive information you might want to figure out another way. Let me know if this is the case.

Tell me how this goes! And if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Bjorn @ForYourIT

Thanks so much for the reply Bjorn.  Ideally I don’t want the data being public in Power Bi.

I just wanted a way to pull data from Amazon Seller Central in to Power Bi to create reports. I am not a developer though and what I have read seems very complex.  That’s why I was wondering if Zapier could help me get it done in an easier way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ianantwalks

The reason that you would need to use Excel as a workaround, and why there isn’t generally a more direct way of doing it, is because Power Bi doesn’t currently have an integration with Zapier. 

Typically a Zapier integration is built by the company behind the app. If you'd like, you might want to Power Bi know that you'd like to see their service on Zapier. If you do, be sure to mention our developer platform: https://zapier.com/developer/

I hope that’s clear!

Hi @ianantwalks

The reason that you would need to use Excel as a workaround, and why there isn’t generally a more direct way of doing it, is because Power Bi doesn’t currently have an integration with Zapier. 

Typically a Zapier integration is built by the company behind the app. If you'd like, you might want to Power Bi know that you'd like to see their service on Zapier. If you do, be sure to mention our developer platform: https://zapier.com/developer/

I hope that’s clear!

I looked into how you can connect Power Bi to Amazon to pull all the data (which is what I want), but it seems too technical for me, sadly.   The irony is that Microsoft’s own Zapier style platform (Microsoft Flow) gives you Power Bi as a data connector, but not Amazon Seller Central, whilst Zapier is the opposite.

Perhaps these two programs will never play nicely together.  That definitely seems a shame.

Ian

Looking for the same solution for my blog. I’m using the zapier service to meet with my team.