Best answer

Fields not retrieved after a Find a Google Doc when Creating from Template

• 10 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello Zapier Community,

I have a collection of templates  and I want to auto-populate custom fields after a form submission.

• So first, I’m searching for the correct template with a “Find a Document in Google Docs” => everything works fine

• Then, when I “Create Document from Template in Google Docs”, using as a Template Document the result of the previous action, the customs fields are not retrieved and I cannot match them with the values of my form. However, I don’t have any issues when manually pasting my template ID to properly display my {{customeFields}}.

I suppose that the Zap is not fetching instantly the fields with a dynamic document ID.

Is there any way to workaround this? Maybe by finding and replacing the fields to my values using some code? I search the forum and tried different methods, but I cannot find any solution. 

Thanks a lot for your help!

icon

Best answer by Louis 14 December 2021, 14:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Louis 

Try this instead…

You may need different Zaps with a Filter step: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Then you don’t need the Find Doc step.

Just select the GDoc template for the Create Doc from Template step, then the fields will appear so you can map the variables between steps.

Hey @Troy Tessalone,

Thanks a lot for your reply. 

It’s a bit less elegant as there will be a many filters but that will definitely work ! :) Thank you