Best answer

“Cannot read property 'id' of undefined” Mailparser error

• 19 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I'm trying to use productive in a zapier integration. Specifically I'm trying to use MailParser to feed information to productive and create a task. All the required fields needed to create the task work well with the info from mailparser, but when I get to the body and insert information there and try to run the test I get an error saying "Cannot read property 'id' of undefined". If I leave the body field empty the error disappears, however I need to have this information as part of the task. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by SamB 19 October 2021, 14:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @sinuatemedia 

Please post screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured as well as the returned error, thanks.

@Troy Tessalone Here is the requested info. Please let me know if you need anything else. 

Hi @sinuatemedia 

Please post screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured as well as the returned error, thanks.

Zap overview
Step setup as desired with information being fed into the Body field
Error message received after attempting to test - this error occurs no matter what I insert in the body, even simple plain text.
Test is successful when body is left blank

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to obfuscate any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @sinuatemedia 

Errors such as that are generally related to standardized fields such as picklists/dropdowns.

Try checking your selections for these fields:

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to obfuscate any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum. 

@Troy Tessalone Tried changing those and no luck. Still only having the error when something is input into the body. If left empty it works just fine, no matter what project/ task list/ assignee is selected. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sinuatemedia 

Prob best to open a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to pop in here as spotted that @sinuatemedia had reached out to our Support Team who identified that the error was due to a bug that has since been resolved. :)

For anyone that’s still running into that same “Cannot read property 'id' of undefined” error, please contact our Support Team. They’ll be able to investigate the logs for your Zaps and can reopen the bug report if necessary. The best way to contact them is through our Get Help form.