Best answer

Action Step Data Fields

• 22 April 2020
  • 3 replies

How do I include a blank data field sent from my trigger app in my action? For example, I have a trigger step setup to bring in eBay orders. One of the data fields that comes in is “Address 2”, showing the buyer’s Suite, Floor, etc… It’s very rare for this line to be filled out. Therefore, in my action step, where I’d like to include all Address information, this “Address 2” is not a data field I can choose. All the fields that came over empty are not options to choose. None of the samples from eBay include an “Address 2”, however, there will be times that there will be an “Address 2” and I want to be able to send that data to my Action App (Airtable). How do I solve this issue?

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 30 April 2020, 14:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Jonathan-Lien ,

Thanks for reaching out- great question here!

The easiest way to sidestep this would be to pull a sample that does include “Address 2.” You can change the data that is pulled in to use as your sample by following these steps!

Let us know if that works for you or if you have any additional questions- happy to help!

@Liz_Roberts Thanks for you reply. This doesn’t work since my trigger is eBay. I can’t create a test order in eBay for the trigger. There’s no other work-around?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Jonathan-Lien 

I went ahead and created a video showing you how to solve this issue: