Best answer

(#100) Page Public Metadata Access requires either app secret proof or an app token

• 2 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello, I am trying to connect the Facebook Ads Form Leads to Zapier in order to get an email into my Gmail when a new Lead appears.

I am doing this from within facebook, following their instructions, but I get this error ((#100) Page Public Metadata Access requires either app secret proof or an app token) during the setup and cannot complete the setup. How can I fix this?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 4 June 2020, 01:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @marcnyc!

When using Facebook's interface to create a new Zap, it automatically selects the same page that you're working on, even if that Page hasn't given Zapier permissions yet. This also creates a new Zap in your Zapier account. If you click on the "Page" dropdown menu, do you see the page that you’re trying to connect to:

If not, this means that while your account's permissions are good, we need to take some extra steps specifically on the page you're looking to connect. The steps in the guide below can walk you through resetting the CRM permissions for your page, which tends to solve this kind of issue: https://zapier.com/help/doc/facebook-lead-ads-error-crm-access-has-been-revoked-from-lead-access-manager.

Once the CRM permissions have been reset and Zapier has access to your page, you should be good to go. Would you mind giving that a try?

Hi @marcnyc!

Thank you for taking the time to reply @nicksimard 

This solved my problem

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Great to hear @marcnyc :) Thanks for confirming that this solved it for you!