Question

invalid email treated as data only

Hi,

I am having fun linking ECWID to VCITA and I got it working fine, then it stopped working and been trying to fix it since. I believe there's an issue between ECWID & VCITA regarding Zapier but the latest i am getting is an invalid email, when the email is valid, I also don’t want Zapier to police the email addresses being inputted by clients, so how can you just treat it as a data field only?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @minimedia 

Help us have more context by posting screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured, along with the encountered error.

Hi Troy,

Here is the image for valid email, I can confirm an email address was in the correct field and is in use by a client with our client? So is a valid email address? Hope that helps? Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@minimedia 

We need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode to have context.

From the screenshot we are unable to see the email value.

Hi Troy, its redacted as its a real email address, the value is like this for example.

stuart1@bowez.co
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@minimedia

From your screenshot we can’t tell which Zap app/event is being used that is encountering an error.

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

The app (not Zapier) may see be treating .co as an invalid domain.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@minimedia 

For us to have full context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in EDIT mode, as we need to see which fields you have set and how along with the field types and field descriptions.

Hi Troy, hope this helps thanks, It’s a shame I just cannot get a Zapier support person to just login to the account and make some discussion about what is going on, why this seems to be an issue with Zapier support I do not know? It makes the process far longer than an expert just getting into the system and make a change or identify a bug that needs escalation, that I understood may or may not have happened. Appreciate your support in looking, cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@minimedia 

The Email Address field is mapped correctly.

I recommend reaching out to vcita Support for help troubleshooting why the provided email address resulted in an error.

vcita (not Zapier) may see be treating .co as an invalid domain.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@minimedia 

Zapier Customer Support options per plan are outlined here: https://zapier.com/l/support

OK thanks I will ask Vcita, but that does not explain why other tests with .co.uk email addresses are not pulling either? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@minimedia 

.co and .co.uk are different domains and might be treated differently by vcita.

Since the vcita app is returning the error about the email address value, you’ll need to get feedback from them about their Zap app integration.

OK thanks, at the moment I have Ecwid support, Zapier support and now Vcita could be the issue, oh blimey, thanks