Question

How to get multiple records as output in Excel Sheets.

• 31 August 2022
  • 4 replies

My Data :

When i search the records where gender is male , only the first record is populating in the result excel sheet , although im sending the multiple object data to zapier it only considering one i.e., first object and displaying record .

In this case , I want both first names ‘srinivas’ and ’amogh’ as a result in excel sheet but only getting “srinivas” as a result.

Screenshots:

Input sheet :

Result Sheet:

I want firstname “amogh” also in the result sheet.How can i do that, Please Help me out here ASAP.

Thank you.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Srinivas Vasamsetti!

Just to double check - you said that you were using Excel, but the screenshots there look like Google Sheets, are you using Google Sheets? 

If you are then you can use either the Get Many Spreadsheet Rows (Advanced, With Line Item Support) or Find Many Spreadsheet Rows (With Line Item Support) actions. 

Find Many Spreadsheet Rows (With Line Item Support) will return up to 10 rows that match the search criteria and the output from the action is a series of line items (one for each row)

Get Many Spreadsheet Rows (Advanced, With Line Item Support) will return up to 20 rows that match the search criteria but the output is a single JSON value and flat rows (line items), so you’ll need to use a code step to parse the data to use in other Zap actions. 

Will either of those actions work for you?

@Danvers  Sorry! yeah i’m using spreadsheet , but we integrated zapier with our application ,

In sheet 1 : we adding some value  

and using that “male” as a search parameter after that we using our software where we integrated zapier and getting the response from our services 

Here if you see, I.m only getting one record ,but expected records is 2.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Srinivas Vasamsetti just stepping in for Danvers here and thanks for elaborating! Are you the developer of the app you’re attempting to find contacts in? If so, you’ll need to configure your action to support returning multiple results from the search for this to be possible. Most apps on Zapier have a 1:1 relationship with it comes to finding and creating records so what you’re seeing is generally the default behavior.

I’m happy to move this post over to our Developer Discussion forum if you are the developer so we can get the right eyes on this for you. If not, your next best bet would be to reach out to the support team of the app you’re using and ask them if this is a change (line item support) they would be willing to make to their application.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Srinivas Vasamsetti ,

Jesse is right on here. Are you developing this app that’s obscured in the screen shot? And you want it to return multiple records? If so, you’ll need to have it support line items.

We have some documentation on line items, which basically work out to an array of objects, here, but if you have more questions, definitely let us know!