Question

Authenticated User and Trello Board

I have a website where users can loggin and create tickets. When they create tickets it has to go to their respective trello account as card. User A can have trello account A. So when user A is logged in and create a ticket, A card should create in Trello account A. 

Like wise User B and account B.

So far I have created a zap trigger using rest hook and an action. It is working fine. But for the separate accounts as mentioned above I still didn't get the idea. 

Any help appreciated 👍

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Kiren 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how the Zap steps are outlined and configured in order for us to have more context, thanks.

Following are my steps

Authentication

Trigger

Subscribe

Unsubscribe
Perform List

Perform

Perform and PerformList will return the tickets in reverse chronological order. 

I have created a zap from this trigger and tested it success fully in the web ui,

Also I have created the action for creating Trello cards in the we ui. After testing the action a card is created. 

Then I published the zap. Got the rest hook url in subscribe action. 

I called the rest hook from post man, then it again created duplicate cards in the Trello account.

Here is the problem I am facing and following are the questions.

1. For my use case is these steps are correct? (Use case is mentioned at the start of this thread)
  2. If yes, why did it create multiple cards? In the doc it says it will handle the duplication.
  3. For each hook call the `perfrom` is called and return full list of tickets. Instead is it possible to pass only the recent ticket created through hook?
  4. For each request I am passing api key so that I can login and get  the tickets for logged in user. 
  5. Is a web hook enough for this scenario? But I couldn’t find a way to authenticate it and get the authenticated user’s related data
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kiren 

If you are trying to build a private Zap app integration, then that topic should be posted in the Developer Discussion section: https://community.zapier.com/developer-discussion-13