Best answer

Zapier integration - select data from a previous response

• 8 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I want to send data from one tool to another one with zapier integration. In my API I have a method which requires a few parameters one of them is LASTID and my question is: can a zapier select data from a previous response and pass it to the input of the next request, in an automatic mode?

icon

Best answer by SamB 9 June 2021, 11:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Badge +4

Hi @filipoinzagi,

One way of doing this would be to create an operational database using airtable or gsheets, where you would send the data from the trigger to the database and then could later pull that data from that row in a later step or zap using a unique id from the trigger.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@filipoinzagi, you could also try the similar approach that @XRayTech suggest with Zapier Storage instead of Airtable

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @filipoinzagi!

I’m not 100% sure if this will address your issue but we recently released a beta of what we call “sub-Zaps”. It enables you to create Zaps that will perform actions, then send data from a “parent” Zap, process the information, and then send it back. Might be worth checking out :)

I have data like domain name and then →

The domain parameter must be transferred to the input of the "Search email by domain" action. Set the last id to the value 0. Start the search and get the result and a new last id. To receive the next batch of emails for this domain, we need to rerun this method, but at the same time specify the value from the response of the previous request in the last id parameter. This loop should work automatically until we get an empty response.

The question is, how can we make a cyclic action at the input of which we submit a domain and one of the parameters (last id) will be dynamically updated in it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

​Hey @filipoinzagi

Not sure if you’s already found a solution to this, but you could try using our Looping by Zapier app. It would allow you to "loop through" actions for each email. You can find out more about how to use it here: Loop your Zap actions.

Hope that helps!