Best answer

Webhooks behaviour

• 31 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! I have a question regarding a request I’m making to an API via webhooks. Everything is working correctly, and I’m given the response I expect - Hooray!

The response Zapier gives me is a beautiful, magnificent array of objects in exactly the format I need. as follows:

An array of objects - Columns and values. This is exactly what I need, and when inspecting this response I see that it is being given to me exactly how I need it. 

But for some maddening reason, when I go to use this array in a code step, Zapier garbles it all up into two non-descript strings, which breaks everything.

Has anyone come across this before? What can I do to either retain the response from the API or re-build it?

Sadly it’s not as simple as using String.split(‘,’) in this case because column 2 has a tonne of unescaped commas, that I basically can’t handle as they follow no pattern. 

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 31 May 2020, 20:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I solved this by using Zapier’s line Item Utility, and some code on top of that to concatenate the arrays. 

Would love to see another way of doing it though, if anyone has come across this before.