Question

Webhook Post sending data in wrong order

Hi guys. 

When I do a webhook post, the data I enter needs to be sent in the order I enter it, however when I test the zap, it sends it in alphabetical order.

Is there any reason why this is?

I am sending data to do a s3 data upload. 

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Yeah this is the first time I have seen it. It is causing errors and every search I find its because they haven’t ordered the calls in order. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapMagu 

I haven’t come across an API that requires data points be submitted in a specific order, just that the data points are submitted.

You may want to submit a ticket via Zapier Support so it gets proper attention: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Thanks. Yes I am going to have to use this. Sadly its a little outside my knowledge. May have to pay someone.

Just thought I would flag it looks like it was giving me unexpected behaviour. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapMagu

Alternatively, you can try a POST Custom Request:

Sadly we can’t.

We are uploading a PDF to a patient management app via the S3 API. We don’t have the direct login details to their S3. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapMagu 

Have you tried using the native Amazon S3 Zap app?

Apparently it does for amazon S3. It needs to get the data in the order it receives it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapMagu

Why does the order of the data points in the returned POST response matter?

Alternatively, you can try a POST Custom Request:

Hi Troy. 

Please find attached.

The first screenshot is the data entered. 

The bottom screen is the API POST in the test run. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ZapMagu 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured in order for us to have context, thanks.