Question

Pull information through URL in Email

• 18 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi! I run an eCommerce business and I'm trying to streamline my order management process. When I receive an order confirmation email, it's not providing me with all the necessary buyer information, except for a link that says "Send Them An Email". When I click on that link, it opens a new email addressed to the buyer. Now, here's what I'm wondering: Is there a way for me to extract the email address associated with that "Send Them An Email" link? It would be incredibly helpful if I could automatically pull that email address and send it to Google Sheets, Drive, or really any other platform for further processing. I really appreciate any help or advice you can give me in figuring this out. Thanks a bunch!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@adrianagnagnarelli 

Options

1. Configure a Formatter > Text > Extract Pattern step
  2. Set up a Gmail Filter rule to forward the email to an email parsing app such as Mailparser
  3. Ask AI
    1. Zap action: ChatGPT - Extract Structured Data
  4. Code
    1. Configure custom code (javascript) to parse the desired data point from the email body HTML

Here is a screenshot of what the email looks like when it comes in - At the bottom there is a link that says “Send Them An Email” which leads to a new composed email  “mailto: buyers-email” 

Thank you! Etsy Transactions sends the order confirmation to my Gmail. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @adrianagnagnarelli 

Good question.

Which app is sending the email?

What app is being used to receive the email? (e.g. Gmail)