Best answer

Paypal webhook not triggering

• 10 June 2022
  • 1 reply

@meenakshichoudhary and @albadelgado I wrote the wrong thing in my previous post. It should have said to make sure that IPN messages are enabled, not disabled 🤦  I’ve edited the post to have the correct option and I’m really sorry for the confusion that must’ve caused!

Thanks! That’s what I thought. Already tried with the IPN messages enabled and doesn’t work either… 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 10 June 2022, 16:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @albadelgado!

There are a few different reasons why your webhook might not be receiving data from PayPal. 

First things first, if you’re using multiple IPNs, make sure that you’ve done everything described in this help guide

Then, there are a few things that can override your PayPal IPN settings, which would mean that the data wouldn’t be sent to your webhook. These include:

• If you have a plugin or similar service connected to your PayPal account
  • If you have a custom button that’s set with different IPN settings

PayPal also doesn’t play well with Zapier when it comes to repeat transactions or transactions in currency that are not allowed, so that could be another reason why the Zap isn’t working. One way to eliminate those issues would be to test the PayPal integration trigger New Payment (as opposed to doing it through a webhook). If the transaction works with the PayPal integration but not the webhook, there’s a good chance it’s related to the IPN settings. 

If you take a look at all of that and are still having problems, please contact the Support Team (using the Get Help form). They can take a closer look at everything with you and hopefully get to the bottom of things!