Question

How to put all webhook Get into an array of all items?

• 10 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I have a GET webhook that returns a number of records.

It works fine in Postman, but in Zapier it only shows the first record.

It is my understnading, that at this point, it will “split” my zap, and run once for each of these records.

This is not my desired functionality, I want to get an array of all the records.

This reply talks about that it’s possible, but doesn’t explain how it’s possible.

Webhook GET only returns the first record | Zapier Community

I’d guess ideally it would need to be done before the GET webhook, else you’d be trying to smash together all the records again, which would lead to loads of extra tasks, and then I couldn’t “continue” with the zap after, as it would be triggering for all of them.

Can someone help with this? 

Thank you in advance

EDIT:

My end goal, is purely to try to find out if a particuar text string occurs in any of the values, so it’s not like I even need the data to be sorted into records or parsed, even the raw-data text output from the API call would work in theory?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JayK!

Hmm, I think the question is why is the result of the GET different in postman compared with Zapier.

Could you share the url parameters of the request? There might be a clue in there. Also, I know that you need to use the Custom Request action to send a JSON array, so would you be able to try using a Custom Request for your Get request?

Thanks!