Question

How to get all fields from Facebook Lead Ads to WHMCS registration form, including mobile number?

• 14 July 2023
  • 7 replies

I’m interested to add the Facebook Ad → WHMCS to register the customer with basic information and also mobile number (custom field), the test action previews has no mobile field shown with other fields, how it is possible to get all the fields exactly the actual register form

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello and welcome to the Community, @waqaspuri!

If the test record from Facebook Lead Ads doesn’t have all the fields you’re looking for then you may need to try changing the test record that’s selected. If the other test records don’t have the fields then you’ll need to create a new test lead for the Facebook Lead Ads form using the Facebook Lead Ads testing tool.

If you’ve not used that tool before you can find out more about how to use it here: Use the Facebook Lead Ads testing tool to create sample leads. Make sure you fill out values for all the fields you’re wanting to select in the Zap so that they’re present when you load in that test lead.

Once you’ve loaded in a new test lead record let us know whether you’re then able to select the missing mobile number field. Want to make sure you’re all set! 🙂

Hello and welcome to the Community, @waqaspuri!

If the test record from Facebook Lead Ads doesn’t have all the fields you’re looking for then you may need to try changing the test record that’s selected. If the other test records don’t have the fields then you’ll need to create a new test lead for the Facebook Lead Ads form using the Facebook Lead Ads testing tool.

If you’ve not used that tool before you can find out more about how to use it here: Use the Facebook Lead Ads testing tool to create sample leads. Make sure you fill out values for all the fields you’re wanting to select in the Zap so that they’re present when you load in that test lead.

Once you’ve loaded in a new test lead record let us know whether you’re then able to select the missing mobile number field. Want to make sure you’re all set! 🙂

There is nothing about Test Lead i have mentioned, There is a custom field in the WHMCS (Mobile Number) how to get that field into Zapier. So if someone fill the lead → phone number it will added to the mobile number and WHMCS will send them the Welcome SMS. Please help. if you have understood my issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying that @waqaspuri!

So sorry for the misunderstanding on my part there, as the Facebook Lead Ads app had been tagged (which only has a trigger available) I thought that the field was missing on that end. I’ve removed the Facebook Lead Ads app tag now so there’s no further confusion on that going forward. 🙂

It sounds like the issue is more that you’re not able to fill out all the necessary fields such as the mobile number (custom field) which is necessary for the Welcome SMS to be sent out. Am I understanding that correctly? 

If yes, I did some checking on the WHMCS app internally and you’re right it doesn’t look like we see any custom fields like the mobile number field coming over. I couldn’t see any existing feature requests to have custom fields supported so I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team about this. They’ll be able to open up a feature request with the app’s developers on your behalf.

I’d also recommend reaching out to WHMCS (who built and maintain the WHMCS app on Zapier) directly to request that they add support for custom fields. Sometimes hearing from customers directly can help to speed things along! 

If I’m still misunderstanding please can you share some further details and post screenshots here to help give further context on the issue and we’ll go from there. Please remove/hide any private information from the screenshot before sharing (like names, email addresses etc.).

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying that @waqaspuri!

So sorry for the misunderstanding on my part there, as the Facebook Lead Ads app had been tagged (which only has a trigger available) I thought that the field was missing on that end. I’ve removed the Facebook Lead Ads app tag now so there’s no further confusion on that going forward. 🙂

It sounds like the issue is more that you’re not able to fill out all the necessary fields such as the mobile number (custom field) which is necessary for the Welcome SMS to be sent out. Am I understanding that correctly? 

If yes, I did some checking on the WHMCS app internally and you’re right it doesn’t look like we see any custom fields like the mobile number field coming over. I couldn’t see any existing feature requests to have custom fields supported so I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team about this. They’ll be able to open up a feature request with the app’s developers on your behalf.

I’d also recommend reaching out to WHMCS (who built and maintain the WHMCS app on Zapier) directly to request that they add support for custom fields. Sometimes hearing from customers directly can help to speed things along! 

If I’m still misunderstanding please can you share some further details and post screenshots here to help give further context on the issue and we’ll go from there. Please remove/hide any private information from the screenshot before sharing (like names, email addresses etc.).

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Not much complicated, while trying to fill the test form I’m unable to add WHMCS custom field like mobile number (mobile field) is not present in whmcs register page by default.

Hello

Please see screenshot. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @waqaspuri,

It looks like you have reached out to our Support team regarding this issue. Here’s their latest response:

I just viewed the link you shared and I can see it's a form. The "Create Client" action passes data through the API which currently doesn't support custom fields so I'm wondering if you want to auto-fill the form instead?

Looking through WHMCS's API Documentation, I can see that they do support custom fields: https://developers.whmcs.com/api-reference/addclient/. However, it's unclear which format they should follow so if you want to get this sorted, you might want to reach out to their Support team and see if they can provide more info. Once you have the correct structure for the request, you can try adding it to your Zap with a Webhook.

Just to be upfront, Webhooks by Zapier is considered an advanced feature, so our support for it may be more limited. Not because we don't want to help, but because APIs can be tricky to troubleshoot since we can't see what's happening on the other side. Every API that you send a request to is going to have slightly different structures that are required.

This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected, beyond taking a general look at what's showing in Zapier.

Here are a few more resources that may be helpful:

If you are running into feature limitations, you could take a look at our blog post here.
For anything that I may not be able to answer, here are some other options:
  • You might want to check out our Zapier Community specifically, the “Code & Webhooks” category.
  • You can post a question to StackOverflow here.mTag your question with a “Zapier” tag, and usually there will be folks who’d be willing to help you out. You can see all questions that have already been asked here.
  • Lastly, enlist the help of one of our experts in our directory to get this custom integration set up for you.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Please recommend me the tutorial related to Hooks > show custom field in zapier > WHMCS custom field added in zapier