Question

How I obtain the file bytes from bundle inputData?

• 22 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a file as input and I can't get the bytes, when I zap for example with a file from Google Drive I get this as input:

hydrate eJx1jk9zgjAU×L_LOzMd_mmLMzOEoUwtINGxY-XC×BA1gYQKAYu0373B2mP3ULu_f

e8CpJKKSpWp_ovCBBAYWGSjsCQOYZIMHM_1bHP8AABpG1WJtqH1LbAsZzQau54BmJCa^RN_ rqNIwI7RMs8kFsNsTrtsx0qg14sTrvcNTC5wP3n3BVWHSi_Aoc9rrkg6edBvNIdQYFa- tJloVk nd2

7Yy14Dm6ZC8DghCSYGCD3u-XigpD614PePJGan3YG-nU30UilUdr81-4RsnORM75UU_R36Ebv

L3vdik8yXGi-P358YVVFBB75-CulumZvm07ZZY2hTPrI76_JcJE4T-y8PoaL4tdekZrtfrD1kpc6s:1 q14Ki:h48rk3iHmPQcT7ca4TORPbELNVM|||hydrate

And of course, when I get the bytes it is not what I expect since they are not the same bytes of the original fileI get the input via bundle.inputData.new_data, this is my code:

const publishData = (z, bundle) => {
     const data = bundle.inputData.new_data;
     function publish(record, publisher, host) {...}

}
module.exports = {
     operation: {
         inputFields: [
             {key: "methods", label: "Method", choices: {hosted: 'Hosted', ipfs: 'IPFS'}, required: true},
             {key: "new_data", label: "Data", required: false}
         ],
         perform: publishData,
         sample: sample
     },
};

Do I need to dehydrate it to work whit the bytes?

Thank you

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

To obtain the file bytes from the bundle's inputData in Android, you can follow these steps:

Retrieve the inputData from the bundle using the appropriate key. For example, if you stored the file in the bundle with the key "fileData", you can retrieve it like this:

byte[] fileBytes = bundle.getByteArray("fileData");

Once you have the byte array, you can use it as needed. For example, if you want to write the bytes to a file, you can do so using FileOutputStream:

FileOutputStream outputStream = new FileOutputStream("path/to/output/file");
outputStream.write(fileBytes);
outputStream.close();

Alternatively, if you want to work with the bytes directly in memory, you can manipulate the byte array as required.

To obtain the file bytes from the bundle's inputData in Android, you can follow these steps:

Retrieve the inputData from the bundle using the appropriate key. For example, if you stored the file in the bundle with the key "fileData", you can retrieve it like this:

byte[] fileBytes = bundle.getByteArray("fileData");

Once you have the byte array, you can use it as needed. For example, if you want to write the bytes to a file, you can do so using FileOutputStream:

FileOutputStream outputStream = new FileOutputStream("path/to/output/file");
outputStream.write(fileBytes);
outputStream.close();

Alternatively, if you want to work with the bytes directly in memory, you can manipulate the byte array as required.

@johnbracket THanks Man!

For solving the issue with this code i have fix my website’s issue. If You wanna visit my blog so go it on this link https://www.pikashowhd.com/!

Thanks Again for putting me in!

That’s not a big deal @renegonzalez 

I am a Developer with a 6 Years Experience in this bytes from bundle inputData!

Well Wishes!