Best answer

How do I retrieve a user ID from Webhooks to create or update a record in Airtable?

I’m trying to create an “add to watchlist” trigger and automate this in Airtable. 

I created a unique webhook URL link that contains the item ID, and need to retrieve the ID of the user triggering this action to then create/update record in Airtable. Is it possible? 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 5 May 2022, 04:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@ln_72239 I wanted to check in to see if the article Troy linked to was helpful in getting this sorted out or if you’re still running into issues here. Let us know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ln_72239 

Have you seen this Softr help article for Zapier?

https://docs.softr.io/integrations/zapier

Softr can provide the Email address.

If you have the email address then you can get the Record ID of the User from the Airtable Base.

Hi @Troy Tessalone , 

Here’s my user database on Softr which is connected to an Airtable. I’d like to retrieve the email of these users to restrict view on Softr so that they can have a personalized watchlist. 

Also, the following is what I’m trying to achieve without having to manually enter the record ID/email of users 

Step 1: Webhook triggers containing the companies ID and user ID
Step 2: Find the record in Airtable and Update 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ln_72239 

Perhaps you can post a screenshot with an example of the User ID data point from Softr that you are trying to get so we have more context.

Hi @Troy Tessalone, it’s Softr 

Thanks a lot for your help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ln_72239 

Good question.

Please clarify from which app you are trying to get the User ID.