Best answer

Failed to make http request with HubSpot

• 31 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello everyone,

I am trying to make this simple request to the Hubspot API but it fails due to an “invalid URL” error.
The URL seems fine to me so I think there might be a problem with the request I’m making.
The endpoint I’m trying to call is /contacts/v1/contact/email/:email/profile and the documentation for it is here. Until now, I have tried the following:

• Set Content-type to application/json
  • Set user agent
  • Add the authorization token in the additional request headers section (although i think this is wrong )
  • Minify the json 
  • Checked if the email is associated to a contact in HubSpot
  • Tested the endpoint in Postman with all the data needed (and it works just fine)

I am out of ideas so any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by sergiufromspark 1 November 2023, 15:38

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @sergiufromspark 

Good question.

Try removing the trailing / at the end of the URL.

Hi @sergiufromspark 

Good question.

Try removing the trailing / at the end of the URL.

The response is still the same: Invalid URL😥

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sergiufromspark 

Try using V3 of the HubSpot API: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/contacts

I would prefer to avoid that because I only need zapier to make a single property change in Hubspot.

With the V1 api i need 1 step, with the V3 I need to make 2. (I need to find the contact ID and then pass it to the update contact step). Which in turn means, I need to upgrade to Zapier starter for 19.99USD just to make a simple property change and nothing else because I don’t need Zapier for anything else.

I would love to use your service but if there are no other alternatives to this I will look somewhere else.😥

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sergiufromspark 

Try using the Webhooks app instead of the HubSpot - API Request action.

Again, I am not willing to pay for a premium app just to make a single request and nothing else. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sergiufromspark 

The HubSpot API Request Zap action is likely configured to work with the most updated version of the HubSpot API (v3).

You can try using a Code step to make the API request.