Question

Date not transferring to custom date field in asana

• 28 July 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m having some trouble passing data to Asana (when tag added in our CRM create a task in Asana). My task in asana has custom fields, including a custom date field. It looks like that custom date field is the thing causing issues, if I don’t pass that info along then all the custom fields fill out, but when it’s included they’re all blank. 

Zapier support said the date format may be different than our CRM so I’m using the Date Formatter to edit it to YYYY-MM-DD (I can’t find anywhere online what date format Asana supports for custom date fields). Although it looks like it may be YYYY-MM-DD-THH:mm:ss.SSSZ ? No idea. 

Looks like this post was a similar issue and @Troy Tessalone was able to find a solution using the API Request action… but I’m definitely confused about how that works, and could use some more instructions. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Nastassia 

Good question.

The post you linked to shows the instructions with how to configure the Zap action: Asana - API Request

If you need help, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts/automation-ace