Best answer

Catch Hook Not Picking up Data

• 10 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello - 

I noticed the Catch Hook I am using to pull PMPro data into google sheets is deprecated, so I copied the zap to use the new Catch Hook.  When I do this none of the fields are coming over with data even though I have successfully tested the trigger.  Is there something new I need to do? The current zap, which is the deprecated one will return some fields but not all like before.

icon

Best answer by moonshot 12 August 2022, 05:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

HI @moonshot 

Good question.

Try testing the webhook again with the Zap webhook trigger step open in the browser, then try pulling thru the new examples: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Hi Troy -

Thanks for your response.  The original zap web hook was working perfectly until the WP plugin update and that’s when we noticed not all fields were being copied to google sheets we noticed the catch hook trigger now says “legacy”, so i duplicated the zap to update the catch hook.  When I do that I now only see the custom fields in the drop-down vs before I could see the order fields as well as the custom fields.  now all custom fields are copied over correctly into google sheets but now i am missing the amount paid and discount code. Is there something I need to re-connect?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@moonshot 

Every Zap webhook trigger produces a unique URL, so if you created a duplicate of the Zap (instead of changing the Zap trigger on the existing Zap), you will need to make sure to update the Webhook URL in WordPress, then test again.

Troy -

I updated the webhook url but still the same issue as the legacy webhook url - when I go to the google sheets section to populate the fields I am only provided with the WP custom fields and none of the order fields like before. 

​​​​​​​Helen

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@moonshot 

Might be best to open a ticket with Zapier Support for additional assistance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Thanks, Troy - I appreciate your responses.

Hi Troy -

I wanted to let you know that I submitted an issue ticket on the PMPro site.  I found out it’s a bug, so that’s why not all the fields are populating in the google sheets section.

Thanks again,

Helen