Best answer

Airtable > PandaDoc: Fields show up as [fields__Email] instead of the value?

• 11 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I have a Zap to create contracts from project records in an Airtable base. While creating the Zap, the email output is correct, showing “james@oldfriends.studio”, but when I send it through PandaDoc, I get:

“The app returned “validation_error”

And it looks like Zapier is sending through the email as “fields__Email” instead of the email address itself:

I hardcoded the email and the document went through just fine. Any guesses on why dynamic values for the “Client” email isn’t working? 

icon

Best answer by jamesvclements 13 March 2021, 00:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jamesvclements!

The fact that it says fields__Email leads me to believe that the field you’ve mapped there perhaps has the email addresses as line items within that fields__Email array, rather than being the actual email address field.

Any chance you could share a screenshot of what that trigger step’s output looks like?

Thanks @nicksimard!

I ended up working this out. The field was mapped fine, but when the PandaDoc step failed for a different reason, it showed the output as `fields__Email` instead of the actual email address, even though that was being passed in the request. 

The PandaDoc step failed because I was using the same email address (my own for testing) for both parties I was passing to the document template - when I switched to a separate email for the Provider & Client parties, it worked :)