Best answer

Zoho Creator App Error "Unable to load choices We're having trouble loading 'Application Name' data. The app returned "Invalid API URL format.".

• 18 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I am new to Zapier. I want to create a zap so whenever a new record is created in hubspot, the same record should be created in Zoho Creator’s App (My Zoho Creator App name is “FMT Portal”). I created a trigger at hubspot and tested it, its working fine and it is able to fetch the records.

Then I created an action for Zoho Creator app. It asked me to signin to Zoho Creator account and I did that successfully. I tested the connection and it works fine. Message is

“Test successful! Your auth is working correctly.”

But when in action section, I try to select the application, it does not show any app. It gives following eror

“Unable to load choices
We're having trouble loading 'Application Name' data. The app returned "Invalid API URL format.".

What am I missing here. Zapier never asked for any API URL. Do I need to specify API URL somewhere? If yes, from where to get this URL and where to put that?

Any pointers in this direction will be highly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 19 May 2023, 04:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Akshay Hunka,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like you’re running into a known bug with the Zoho Creator integration. Our team is aware of the issue and we're working with Zoho Creator on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

In the meantime, one user who ran into a similar issue was able to find a workaround regarding this error. Here’s what they said:

I managed to connect to my ZOHO creator account perfectly.

My mistake was, instead of inputting the name of my ZOHO creator application, I simply pasted the URL.

Would advise to bold the phrase "Application owner name" or something, to emphasize the need to input the name of the application.

Could you please try out the workaround? If that doesn’t work, I’m afraid waiting for the bug to get fixed is the only way to go here.

Thanks! 😊

Hello,

Thanks a lot. I also found the solution. Its same as the workaround you suggested above. I would recommend to write a help text (how to find the application owner name from URL). That will be beneficial for others as well.

Thanks a ton again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Akshay Hunka,

You are most welcome!

I completely understand the value of having improved help text on the authentication page. I want to assure you that the Zoho Creator developers are fully aware of the bug and the need to enhance the help text in the Owner Name field.

Rest assured, we will keep you and our amazing Community members updated via email or on this thread regarding any updates on this matter. This way, if others encounter a similar issue, they will also be informed.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊