Best answer

Zapier very slow and crashing browser when diting

• 8 November 2023
  • 43 replies

Userlevel 3

Zapier very slow when editing the workflow. Most of time the browser will ask if we want to quit or wait …

Most of time I need to close the browser and restart.

Very painfull, especially when you start on paying plan.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 10 November 2023, 08:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

43 replies

Userlevel 1

It is worse today than it has been throughout the last couple of weeks. It seems to be progressively worsening. Do we have a timeline on a resolution?

Userlevel 1

I also have  consistent problems with the speed of Zapier after their visual Editor update  Today we are almost at modem speeds . Almost 8 years as a customer but it looks like its time to go to make it this dosent improve very very soon  . It completely breaks the expirence. The second i start to use paths it will crash.  I would expect at least decent speeds when i work in Zapier . Especially when i pay 200 dollars a month for the service . Please fix asap 

Userlevel 1

Any idea on a time frame for this bug fix?

Userlevel 1

Any updates? This is killing me 😣Just trying to get trhough some (for me) complicated automation and page keeps crashing.

I checked the Zapier status page and all seems fine, so I thought it was justme til I stumbled upon this thread 🙄

Userlevel 1

I’m at the point where my browser crashes every 2 or 3 button clicks even on simple Zaps. Please advise on a timeline @ken.a If this isn’t resolved today, I will likely begin seeking a permanent alternative.

Userlevel 1

Also very impacted! 

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know why there is no information about this bug from Zapiers side? Do they even know the problem exists?? No email has been sent out, nothing… Migrating isn’t something you do in 5 minutes 😣 So a fast solution would be great. 

Userlevel 1

Update: Every 1 button click

Same here, did they really test before making this update? It’s horrible.

I am pretty much unable to edit some of our larger zaps at this stage, a real deal breaker.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi friends,

I’m sorry to hear about the inconvenience this bug has caused you. Our engineering team is aware of the issue and is actively fixing this bug. We can’t promise a timeframe for when this bug will get fixed. However, we will keep you updated via email once the bug has been fixed.

I really appreciate your patience and understanding.

So incredibly painful!

Having exact same problem as described above by others.

Cant do any step without crashing the editor. 😤

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi friends,

I’m sorry to hear about the inconvenience this bug has caused you. Our engineering team is aware of the issue and is actively fixing this bug. We can’t promise a timeframe for when this bug will get fixed. However, we will keep you updated via email once the bug has been fixed.

I really appreciate your patience and understanding.

@ken.a I really think you guys should update the status page as not everyone thinks about checking the forums, and could therefore think that their own system is faulty. yhttps://status.zapier.com/

Will buying a faster computer resolve this or at least make it better?

Currently on a 2021 M1 8 GB Ram

thinking about upgrading to the newest macbook pro

Okay and to anyone wondering I bought the brand new M3 chip macbook bro 18 GPU 36 GB RAM and still crashing. Definitely just a zapier problem! Any timeline on when this may be fixed?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is there any update on this bug?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sorry for the hassle here everyone. We’ve rolled out a fix. You may need to do a hard refresh in your browser to clear the cache. Mind giving it a try to see if this is better?

We will do better going forward. 

Feeling the impact over here as well. The shift to the visual editor has slowed things down significantly, making tasks more complex and tripling the time it takes to complete them on my end. Constantly zooming in and out within the zaps to navigate to the desired step is frustrating. While I understand the attempt to make Zapier more user-friendly, it seems to be having the opposite effect. It's frustrating that there's no option to switch back to the classic editor.