Best answer

Zapier very slow and crashing browser when diting

• 8 November 2023
  • 43 replies

Userlevel 3

Zapier very slow when editing the workflow. Most of time the browser will ask if we want to quit or wait …

Most of time I need to close the browser and restart.

Very painfull, especially when you start on paying plan.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 10 November 2023, 08:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

43 replies

Same here! Zapier keep freezing my browser since yesterday. Tried chrome & safari, same problem both sides.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Cliff Meister and @chris007 

Best to report this issue via a ticket to Zapier Support for it to be properly logged: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Same here, but also, this is not the first time!

I am building complex workflows and I tried using Chrome and Safari and I experienced the same slowness and crashing problem.

I was wondering if buying a different macbook model would help.

I am currently using an M1 Macbook Air and thinking if upgrading to an M3 would make a difference. If so, any recommendations for the best configuration (Which M3 chip, memory and storage I should pick) if the only thing I need is Zapier running smooth in the browser?

Any experience with macbook models on the higher end? Is zapier working fast?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi friends,

It appears that you have been impacted by a bug that our engineering team is currently investigating. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please rest assured that our team is working diligently to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Once we have an update or if the issue has been resolved, we will notify you via a new email.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Will buying a faster computer resolve this or at least make it better?

Currently on a 2021 M1 8 GB Ram

thinking about upgrading to the newest macbook pro

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @clay lawrence,

Zapier is a web-app so it does not have requirements of sorts, as it just runs in your browser. While we use Chrome and think it works best there since it’s so heavily tested, most any browser will do.

With that being said, I have added you as another affected member of the bug. We will keep you in the loop via email once the bug has been fixed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Zapier very slow when editing the workflow. Most of time the browser will ask if we want to quit or wait …

Most of time I need to close the browser and restart.

Very painfull, especially when you start on paying plan.

I’m having this same issue, and it’s extremely frustrating. We rely on Zapier to create and edit automations to continue efficiency in our business and this morning I’ve spent 30 minutes trying to get one zap to load and my computer nearly overheated from it (and it’s brand new Macbook Pro). I really hope they fix this soon because the last couple of weeks of being an integrator for our team has been so tiring. It’s taking much longer if I can even get a zap to load to get anything done. 

Userlevel 1

@ken.a feel free to add me as an affected user as well. The past few weeks have been like wading through swamp to get anything done.

Userlevel 1

Affected! Very Affected!

I keep Activity Monitor open so I can kill the Safari tab when Zapier uses 8GBs. 

Userlevel 1

Same here! Zapier keeps freezing my browser since last week. Tried chrome & safari, same problem both sides. It’s very slow when editing workflows. Browser asks if we want to quit or wait continuously. Hard to get anything done. Please add me as an affected user as well! @ken.a 

Userlevel 1

@ken.a Please add me to the affected list as well. This has been going on for at least a week now on our end. Thank you

Userlevel 1

@ken.a please also add us as affected users please. This is impacting the workflow now even more so in the last 24 hours. Browser keeps crashing, difficult to get anything completed when editing workflows.

Userlevel 1

Same here - unuseable for the last couple of weeks.

Userlevel 1

Same 😡

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Same, thought it was me but after a week of issues I looked at the forum and ditto: seems to be a widespread issue.

What is Zapier waiting for to fix it? The platform is barely usable.

heavily impacted also even with small zaps, unusable on chrome, works slowly on edge. 

heavily impacted also even with small zaps, unusable on chrome, works slowly on edge. 

its actually not even usable on edge today worse than yesterday as it was usable then atleast.

Userlevel 1

This issue is a nightmare, taken me hours to work on the platform as am building complex automations, and dealing with constant freezes/wait messages in chrome etc - when is this going to be fixed?  Its been almost a week now? 

Zapier is supposed to SAVE us time, not take it away!

Userlevel 2
Badge

heavily impacted here as well

One more for the list. I’m not happy that this is what I get as soon as I started paying. It’s unusable.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Maybe update the status page as the platform is currently unusable: https://status.zapier.com/

Userlevel 3

Hi @Cliff Meister and @chris007 

Best to report this issue via a ticket to Zapier Support for it to be properly logged: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I let you report by yourself. You should not even shipped a bugged app…

Still the same issue after 5 days… Unacceptable...

Userlevel 3

I was about to go for the paid plan and finally reversed it to the free plan.

Hi friends,

It appears that you have been impacted by a bug that our engineering team is currently investigating. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please rest assured that our team is working diligently to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Once we have an update or if the issue has been resolved, we will notify you via a new email.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Is there a place where i can see the status of this bug? Or can you add my email to the reply?

i create automation 24/7, my life is hell right now.

Thanks ✌️🫶!

Also experiencing this issue, editor freezes immediately and is unusable. Completely ground a major project to a standstill.