Question

Zapier requests from Latin America triggering PayPal security notifications

• 4 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone! I have an LLC in Fl, US, but I am running it form Argentina. All my setup for payments, banking, etc its done from there, with a US bussiness address and all that jazz. I get to use a VPS to log in to all those platforms to not get any extra trouble.

The thing is that since I have implemented Zapier to get my Paypal payments automatically listed in a google sheet, my PP account has been acting weird… I receive excesive security notifications, everytime I log in I need to verify my account with mobile phone, etc. I am guessing the problem is that the Zapier requests are being made from latinamerican servers. There is any way to change my Zapier account “country” to US and to be sure that the querys are done from there to my platforms?

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @maritopsi, welcome to the Community! 🎉

There isn’t an option to change the country your Zapier account makes requests from. The Zaps themselves would be making requests via US servers with a range of different IP addresses within Amazon’s (AWS) us-east-1 range.

Are the Zaps themselves running correctly or are they also being blocked by the extra security checks? If they are being blocked then it may be that you’d need to whitelist that range of IP addresses in the PayPal. You can find out more about that here: Can't access or use Zapier with other apps.

Otherwise it may be you’d need to turn off the 2-step verification for the account to prevent it from asking you to verify using your mobile when logging in: What is 2-step verification and how do I turn it on or off? - one thing to note on that is that at the bottom of that article it states that if you turn it off you won’t be able to turn 2-step verification back on again. But it also says you can “You can opt to skip 2-step verification on a device you trust” so that might be a better way around it! 🙂 

Hope that helps. Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on with this!