Best answer

Zapier Not Populating Fields On Docusign Document

Userlevel 1

I am trying to use Zapier to send a Docusign agreement using data from Salesforce. I have created a template in Docusign and am using the “Create Envelope” action in Zapier Docusign. I have mapped fields from Salesforce to the fields in the template. However when envelope gets sent the mapped values don’t show  in the signing document. The placeholders show but no mapped data. 

Does anyone know what is wrong here?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 March 2024, 17:05

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JonFarmer 

For us to have full context, post screenshots with how the steps are outlined and configured.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JonFarmer 

For us to have full context, we will need to see how each step is configured in the Zap EDIT mode.

Userlevel 1

Here you go

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JonFarmer

The recent screenshot is from the Zap VIEW mode, but we need to see screenshots from the Zap EDIT mode, so we’re able to see field types and field descriptions.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JonFarmer 

The mapped variables have “No data” as the value from the example selected in Step 1, and those fields shown in the screenshot are required and expect a value to be passed.

Make sure to select a Zap trigger example that has representative data.

Help: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093

Userlevel 1

HI

The thing is the name and email fields are what are used to direct Docusign who to send the envelope to. When I run this live the data is passed from Salesforce and the envelope gets sent to the addressed person’s email. So it saying no data is a red herring as this bit works at runtime. The other fields which are hardcoded for the present do not populate on the document itself which is the issue. 

Userlevel 1

This is the data from a live runtime

templates

templates

9d7c73cd-88c8-4205-8032-2aec8bf04056

emailSubject

emailSubject

Redacted

emailBlurb

emailBlurb

Please sign the agreement

Host:::Email

redacted

Host:::Name

Jonathan Farmer

textTabs::false::Day Of Month

textTabs::false::Day Of Month

textTabs::false::Month

textTabs::false::Month

March

textTabs::false::Last Number Of Year

textTabs::false::Last Number Of Year

textTabs::false::AP1

textTabs::false::AP1

AP1 Test

textTabs::false::AP2

textTabs::false::AP2

AP2 Test

textTabs::false::AP3

textTabs::false::AP3

AP3 Test

textTabs::false::AP4

textTabs::false::AP4

AP4 Test

textTabs::false::AP5

textTabs::false::AP5

AP5 Test

textTabs::false::AP6

textTabs::false::AP6

AP6 Test

Host|||Redacted|||signersRole|||9d7c73cd-88c8-4205-8032-2aec8bf04056

Host|||Redacted|||signersRole|||9d7c73cd-88c8-4205-8032-2aec8bf04056

redacted

redacted

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JonFarmer 

Things to check/try:

Userlevel 1

Taking off the required from each field and magically it started to work

Thank you for your assistance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @JonFarmer! A huge thanks to Troy for lending a hand here!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Hey @ken.a & @JonFarmer ,

I’m trying to do the same thing with Docusign - sending data from Airtable to prefill all but the signing fields of a document.  I know this is possible with tabs via the docusign api, but I don’t think you can setup and name custom tabs from the docusign web ui.

It looks like you used a Web Form @JonFarmer.  Is this correct?  You setup up your template with your signer fields, then build a new Web Form from that template, add (and name) all your custom fields you want to prefill, and then push the data from earlier in the zap into the “Send Envelope Using Template…..” step in Zapier?

If this is a web form though, how does it then get sent as an envelope for signing?  That’s the piece I don’t understand.

I’ve been messing around with this for about an hour and think I was missing the web form piece.  Let me know if I’m on the right track!

Thanks!