Best answer

Zapier Limited Calendar shared access?

• 14 September 2022
  • 9 replies

I currently have 14 Calendars being shared to me with READ,CREATE,EDIT permissions. I’m trying to create a zap that will automatically create events for each of the calendars being shared with me if they meet certain criteria. 

But when setting up my action it’s only showing the most I saw was 8 calendars the rest wont show-up. I tried removing some of the calendars shared by me then some starts to show-up but the one I replaced I can no longer get back unless I remove another one? 

In the Sample below GHA Cloisters email calendar was not showing until I deleted GHA Alameda. It’s like it has a limit on showing how many calendars? I don’t understand I’ve reached out to the support team and they say it’s supposed to be unlimited.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 1 November 2022, 03:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @BenGarcia!

That sounds like a really frustrating problem! What you’re running into here is the fact that although the Zap editor can show any number of calendars, when the Zap calls Microsoft to ask for the list of Calendars, we only get back the first 10 calendars in the list of calendars from your account. 

I can see that our Support Team recommended this as a workaround:

Instead of deleting a calendar to get another one to show up have you tried moving the missing calendar to the top of the list of calendars in your account? Other users affected by this issue reported that they were able to get the missing calendar in Zapier by moving the missing calendar to the top. 

Did that help you to pull the calendars you need into the Zap editor?

Thanks @Danvers ! Yes, that worked out perfectly. 

That’s not at all a practical solution.  Business accounts cannot just manually start moving their calendars around just so Zapier can see it in a top 10 list to choose from.  This is a bit ridiculous and lazy coding.  A complete list should be output as Make does.  Please resolve this issue, otherwise, Zapier is useless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What you’re running into here is the fact that although the Zap editor can show any number of calendars, when the Zap calls Microsoft to ask for the list of Calendars, we only get back the first 10 calendars in the list of calendars from your account. 

Instead of deleting a calendar to get another one to show up have you tried moving the missing calendar to the top of the list of calendars in your account? Other users affected by this issue reported that they were able to get the missing calendar in Zapier by moving the missing calendar to the top. 

Hi there! I wanted to swing by and mention this is a known bug with the Microsoft integration. 😔

I confirmed everyone in this thread was added to the bug report! This will keep everyone in the loop via email once a fix is in place and we’ll also be sure to update the thread as well.

For context, when Zapier makes the call to the Microsoft API, the Microsoft API is only sending us the first 10 calendars. That said, we absolutely agree, the full list would be the expected behavior here. 

We’ll definitely let ya’ll know once a true fix is in place though and appreciate everyone sharing their feedback.

What you’re running into here is the fact that although the Zap editor can show any number of calendars, when the Zap calls Microsoft to ask for the list of Calendars, we only get back the first 10 calendars in the list of calendars from your account. 

Hi there! I wanted to swing by and mention this is a known bug with the Microsoft integration. 😔

I confirmed everyone in this thread was added to the bug report! This will keep everyone in the loop via email once a fix is in place and we’ll also be sure to update the thread as well.

For context, when Zapier makes the call to the Microsoft API, the Microsoft API is only sending us the first 10 calendars. That said, we absolutely agree, the full list would be the expected behavior here. 

We’ll definitely let ya’ll know once a true fix is in place though and appreciate everyone sharing their feedback.

Thanks, Christina. That makes more sense and great news that Zapier is taking this bug seriously enough to fix. Definitely keep me updated as this is the one thing that’s keeping my company from moving forward with Zapier. 

Looks like this still hasn’t been fixed.  What’s the latest status on addressing this fix so it loads all calendars properly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @2tj4Js 

When it comes to prioritizing issues, we balance factors like the number of users affected, the severity of the issue and the complexity of the fix. All of which is to say that I can’t provide an exact estimate on when this will be fixed. Looking at this particular issue I wouldn’t expect it to be fixed in the near future, I’m sorry. It must be frustrating to have to keep moving your calendars up and down in the list so you can see them in your Zap and I wish I had a better answer for you today. 

Seriously Zapier?  How much longer is it going to take to fix the bug to load all shared calendars and not only the first 10?  This is getting ridiculous.  This should be standard and running out of the gate. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @2tj4Js  - Thank you for taking to share your candid feedback with us. We totally hear you and understand this is impeding your ability to move forward with Zapier. I really am sorry that’s the case.

As Danvers mentioned, we have no way of offering an ETA for bug fixes. In the interest of full transparency though, given that this has a workaround (albeit not ideal, you’re right) it’s not likely we’ll have a fix to share anytime in the immediate future.
That said, please know ultimately we truly do want you to have the tooling and resources best suited for your business, within the timeline you need. If you need to find alternative solutions as a result, we absolutely understand.

Thank you once again for your candor, @2tj4Js. I'll be closing this for additional comments for the time being but we'll reopen if there are any updates to share with the community.