Question

Zapier Google Tasks to Airtable: New task not creating record

• 14 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi there - this seems so simple and straightforward but I can’t work it out.  I’m trying to have my trigger (new google task) lead to the action of creating a new airtable record. The Zapier testing is working fine but when I create a new google task, nothing appears in airtable.  I have confirmed that the accounts are correct, that the zap is published.  Again, the test from within Zapier seems to work fine.  Any ideas?  It is driving me crazy bc I must be missing something so simple

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @EliseB 

Good question.

The GTask New Task trigger is scheduled, meaning it can take from 1-15 minutes to fire depending on your Zapier plan.

Check your Zap Runs after some time to see if the Zap ran: https://zapier.com/app/history/

thanks so much Troy - i have been at it all day and no love.  thanks for the link - here is a screen shot of my history.  Does this look like it should be working?  Despite the Zap history seeming to show successful firing, I still am not seeing new records created (unless running a test during Zap configuration.  I’ve tried to log in and log out of zap and airtable, have deleted all Zaps and started over.  Checked and double checked that i’m using the right accounts.  Any ideas?  I would love so much to get this working. Thanks so much for helping a newbie along!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EliseB 

These are successful Zap Runs.

You can see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you trace and troubleshoot.

The Airtable step will return an Airtable Record ID that you can use.

In the Airtable Base Table, add a Formula field with this formula:

record_id()

Whether the Airtable Zap step is configured correctly is another question.

We would need to see screenshots with how the Airtable Zap step is configured.