Question

Zapier duplicating Google Contacts in Follow Up Boss, exceeding zap limit.

• 13 November 2023
  • 10 replies

Zapier keeps adding already existing leads in my Google Contacts into my Follow Up Boss and then it says I’ve reached my maximum zaps for the month when I in fact did not. How can this be fixed?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BSchubs 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order to give us more context.

How Task usage is measured in Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496196837261

The contacts are not new and they have not been updated either. 

It also was not a new inquiry. How do I get my zaps back?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BSchubs 

We would need to see how each Zap step is configured to have full context.

How would I find that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BSchubs 

Click the edit button on the field and get screenshots from the right rail configuration section.

If I click down on test, it reveals personal information of some of my contacts.

Here's the second one:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BSchubs 

We need to see how your Step 2 is configured in the Action section.

Here is what's filled out under Action. It goes to the stage ‘Lead’ on Follow Up Boss.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BSchubs 

The Zap will trigger when there is a NEW or UPDATED Contact in GContacts.

Help article to reference:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495933900173-Common-Problems-with-Google-Contacts#my-zap-is-triggering-from-contacts-that-i-have-not-updated-recently-0-2

New or Updated Contact is triggering on all contacts and updates, how do I trigger my Zap on new contacts only?

Google Contacts doesn't let us trigger on just new contacts yet but there is a workaround:
1. When creating a new contact, manually add some value to an unused field in the contact
2. Set up a filter to only allow contacts with this value to pass
3. Add an Update Contact step later in the Zap to remove/alter this value
With this setup, further updates to that contact won't pass the filter.

NOTE: Having 2 email variables mapped to the Email Address field may cause errors.