Best answer

Zapier doesn't recognize any Notion database

• 20 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, it feels dumb to create a new post regarding this issue but I really looked at every resource I could find before posting, including the Help Center notion page and some posts in the community.

I’m new to both Notion and Zapier so I’m not sure on what part my problem is.

I’ve created a new Notion workspace using Notion’s Student Dashboard template. Inside this template there is a Courses database, and in each Course there’s a Notes database.

I wanted to add a OneNote integration to create a new OneNote note when I create a new Note in the Notion database.

I’ve connected Zapier to my Notion, selected all the pages I have, and no database is showing up in the database selection. I should note that I’ve tried un-nesting the Courses and Notes databases. I’ve also tried creating a new empty page with only a single database. It didn’t recognize it as well.

Each time I’ve reconnected and re-selected all the pages to be sure the problem is not there.

I did see this screenshot in one of the posts here, where you can see “Zapier” in the Share window of Notion. I don’t have this “Zapier” integration in the window. Could this be related?

My Share window looks like this:

I should add that perhaps the UI was changed since that post? Because I do see the Zapier integration in the 3-dots menu of the page:

icon

Best answer by ken.a 21 December 2023, 08:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @YechiamWe 

Notion help articles for Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/notion/help

My databases are not listed in the dropdown menu

If you're having trouble listing your database in your Zap, try these steps:
After trying these steps, you should be able to refresh your fields and view your database in your Zap.
Userlevel 1

Hi @YechiamWe 

Notion help articles for Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/notion/help

My databases are not listed in the dropdown menu

If you're having trouble listing your database in your Zap, try these steps:
After trying these steps, you should be able to refresh your fields and view your database in your Zap.

Hi,

I’ve seen the second section you’ve quoted; from what I see it seems like I have granted Zapier permission. As I’ve said, I tried un-nesting. And I’m not sure about the third one (disconnect my current connection and create a new one?).

Regarding the first section - I might not understand Notion enough here. I’ve created a workspace; only I’m using it. I have “Workspace Owner” access, as you can see here:

I guess this means “Admin” access? What higher than “Owner” can there be?

From what I see in Notion docs, “Admin” is in team workspaces. I don’t have a team workspace (and can’t create one as it requires the paid version).

And from the screenshot I’ve sent in the OP you can see the Zapier access (albeit in a different place than in the docs).

The only thing I’ve seen in the “How to get started with Notion on Zapier” article that was suspicious is this part:

I must say I’m not sure if my account is self-hosted or cloud-hosted, and I’m not sure how to check it (or change it). Could this be the culprit? Even though Zapier does successfully integrates with my account, showing the pages I have, just not recognizing the databases?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @YechiamWe,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Could you please try these troubleshooting steps for me?

1. Disconnect the Zapier connection in Notion:
    bce0bb145a00cc558257b9e757fa86d3.png
    (view larger)

2. Add the Zapier connection in Notion again.
  3. Reconnect your Notion account in Zapier: https://zapier.com/app/connections/notion
  4. Go to your Zap and check if the Database will show up.

Additionally, is your database added to a sub-page? If it is, moving it to a page should do the trick.

Hopefully, this helps.

Userlevel 1

Hi there @YechiamWe,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Could you please try these troubleshooting steps for me?

1. Disconnect the Zapier connection in Notion:
    bce0bb145a00cc558257b9e757fa86d3.png
    (view larger)

2. Add the Zapier connection in Notion again.
  3. Reconnect your Notion account in Zapier: https://zapier.com/app/connections/notion
  4. Go to your Zap and check if the Database will show up.

Additionally, is your database added to a sub-page? If it is, moving it to a page should do the trick.

Hopefully, this helps.

Oh wow, all I needed to do was to reconnect! Thanks :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @YechiamWe! I’m glad my suggestion worked!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗