Question

Zapier Connector to Odoo Crm Error: XML-RPC fault: The operation cannot be completed: Contacts require a name Console logs:

• 23 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Error: XML-RPC fault: The operation cannot be completed: Contacts require a name Console logs:

Created a Zap to Odoo CRM Using fields Contact Name Opportunity, Email and Phone.  This Zap worked perfectly when first setup and now errors out. Odoo shows no entries in their log to pin point cause.

FB fields Full Name USed For Opportunity & Contact. Email for Email and PhoneNumber  for Phone

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @KP12345 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap Step 4 is configured.

Please post screenshots of the encountered error.

Check your Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

No definitive reason in Data In/Outs logs.

Attached are more screen shots. Odoo tech support swears no log entries from Zapier that would show a breakdown on Odoo’s end.  This was originally working. I will go back to my notes and see where I may be missing the right field, but I am sure that  FB Full Name = Opportunity for Oddo, FB Full Name = Contact for Oddo, FB Email = Odoo email and FB phone number = Odoo phone.  Otherwise the Zap would not allow the test to continue.  I will keep digging.  Thanks for your input.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@KP12345 

Error indicates there is an issue with Contacts related fields: “Contacts require a name”.

You may have to try process of elimination to isolate the issue.

You can try using different examples from the Zap trigger step.