Best answer

Zapier Cant Find Hubspot Contacts

• 18 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am having trouble utilizing Zapier with Hubspot.

I am creating a simple transaction where everytime a new contact is added to hubspot, zapier transfers that contact info to ClickSend (our sms marketing platform).

When I test the trigger, the test fails. It states “ We couldn't find a contact”. I have over 1,000 contacts in my hubspot account.

Here is a screenshot of the error:

Here is a video showing the settings and error I am facing:

icon

Best answer by ken.a 19 May 2023, 05:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Jbar511,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the HubSpot app only retrieves sample contacts that were created within the past 30 minutes. So, my suggestion is to visit your HubSpot account and create a new contact there.

Once you've finished creating the contact, go ahead and attempt to pull it in as a sample. By doing so, the Zap should be able to recognize it as a sample.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

@ken.a That solved it thanks!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Jbar511,

You are most welcome! I’m glad I could help.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊

Hi @ken.a 

I’m trying a similar Zap in that I want to find a contact in Hubspot that I can then push a G2 review to. However, even when making a test contact (so it falls within the 30 minute test window) called the same name as the name on the G2 review it still won’t find the contact. 

Any help much appreciated! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Beccy F,

I’m so sorry for the late response. By any chance, have you resolved this issue? If not, please let me know, and I’ll be happy to troubleshoot further! 😊