Best answer

Zapier "can't find a pushed voice message" from Google Assistant. Can't map values.

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to create a Zap with a command in Google Assistant as the trigger and creating a new database item in Notion as the action. The trouble is in testing the trigger - it’s not getting the messages from GA. I tried to skip it, but then I’m not getting info I would get from prompts for additional information and I can’t map it (I assume that’s the reason, as it’s my first ever Zap).

The voice command in the Google Assistant app on my phone is working, it’s creating empty database rows, it’s just the messages from the Assistant are not getting through to the testing stage - therefore I can’t map and process the answers to the prompts.

What do I do to map these values? Is there any way I could modify the test data manually?

The “Pushed Voice Message A” from the screenshot is an example pushed voice message created when I skipped testing. As seen on the picture, when I try to “load more”, it says “We can’t find any more pushed voice messages”.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 23 February 2023, 20:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Nikita, welcome to the Community!

I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble getting your Google Assistant Zap up and running, let’s see what we can do. 

Can I check that you’ve added prompts for additional information when you set up the trigger step for the Zap? 

If you have the prompt in the there but you’re not getting the data through, we might have to get creative in how to add the information. You could try manually adding the fields, this guide explains how to do that: How to manually map fields that do not appear in data (aka pill mapping) What I’m not sure about is the name of the field as I can’t find any examples of this. I would guess that it either has to be the words in the prompt as they are (with spaces) or the words in the prompt with underscores between them instead of spaces. Could you give that a go and see if it works?

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!

I have this exact same issue .., but don’t see an answer here.  Did anyone have a fix for this?

For me, when I publish the Zap, Google Assistant talks to Zapier, Zapier includes the Zap when I say “list zaps”, it runs and asks me the questions … BUT still can’t find THAT push message to get fields to map to in the next step ...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, friends!

I wanted to pop in and share it looks like this is a known bug with Google Assistant where the “New Pushed Voice Message” isn’t pulling in live samples. The OP was already added to the bug report as an impacted user and I’ve also added @ecsanders70. This is the best way to stay in the loop once a fix is in place. In the interest of full transparency since there is a workaround, which I’ll share below, I can’t offer a timeline as to when this will be fixed. We’ll be sure to email and update the topic if that changes though.

The official workaround is actually what Danvers mentioned in their reply:

If you have the prompt in the there but you’re not getting the data through, we might have to get creative in how to add the information. You could try manually adding the fields, this guide explains how to do that:

I also wanted to share this workaround as well: 

I hope some of this helps and thank ya’ll so much for flagging this in community. 🧡

Yes and what to do if its the first time connecting google assistant and I can’t test the trigger?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @hayes1699, unfortunately, you will need to wait until this bug has been resolved in order to test the trigger with real data -sorry about that! As soon as things get fixed, we’ll email you to let you know. 🤞

Hey there, friends!

I wanted to pop in and share it looks like this is a known bug with Google Assistant where the “New Pushed Voice Message” isn’t pulling in live samples. The OP was already added to the bug report as an impacted user and I’ve also added @ecsanders70. This is the best way to stay in the loop once a fix is in place. In the interest of full transparency since there is a workaround, which I’ll share below, I can’t offer a timeline as to when this will be fixed. We’ll be sure to email and update the topic if that changes though.

Christina, is there a Github issue (or equivalent) that we can track to know when this is updated? I’m having the same issue, when trying to link GPT3 to Google Assistant. The custom pill route appears more complicated than it’s worth...

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @teecee 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

I’m having the same problem. I can’t set the connection up at all because I can’t test it. It just keeps going in circles!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @randomactsofstruggle 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

Can you add me as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @jhallas,

No worries! I've added you to the list of affected users. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA on when this will get fixed, but we can let you know via email if we have any updates.

Thanks! 😊

Would like to follow this ticket as well.  Very difficult to get Google Assistant to even link with Zapier.

Also, it looks like the workaround provided here requires the use of Webhooks, which is a premium app.  This isn’t available on the Free accounts.  Is there possibility to have access to this app until the Bug is resolved?

Could you add me to affected users as well please

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @imfullofschmidt and @KrisPWales

We’ve added you both to the list of affected users. Unfortunately, I don’t think you’d be able to get free access to use the Webhooks by Zapier app while this bug is at large. You could temporarily upgrade and downgrade again at a later date once the bug has been fixed. I know that’s not an ideal solution there was another workaround that was shared here previously that doesn’t involve webhooks. Instead it involves using “custom pill mapping” to select the fields:

I don’t have any estimates I can share as to when the bug will be resolved but we’ll be sure to send an email notification to you all the minute it’s sorted. Hopefully it’ll be resolved soon! 🤞

Same here!! Any news?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Bichima15! Thanks for reaching out - I’ve added you as an impacted user.

While I don’t have any updates this is the best way to stay in the loop! We’ll send an email once a fix is live and we’ll also update this thread. 🙂

Thanks again for letting us know!

I am also being affected. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sorry to hear that, @Oddball2! I’ve added you as an affected user and we’ll be sure to email you once a fix is available. 🙂