Question

Zaperi is kicking off two Zaps when Sharpspring Form should only kick off one of them

• 22 November 2023
  • 2 replies

So, I have upcoming webinars (Event A and Event B). I created two landing pages in Sharpspring (Constant Contact), each one is a webinar registration page for my events. I have a separate Zapier Zap that takes the information from the registration form on Sharpspring and automatically creates a registration in Zoom. I'm doing this so Sharpspring automatically knows who has registered and can complete some follow up automation.

Here's the issue I'm having: If someone registers for Event A, it works perfectly and they receive a Zoom confirmation for Event A. However, if someone registers for Event B, they receive Zoom confirmations for both Event A and Event B. It's as if Zapier runs both Zaps when the Event B form within Sharpspring is completed.

I've doubled checked my Zap and confirmed that my Event A Zap is definitely pointing to my Event A registration form and my Event B Zap is pointing to my Event B registration form. Any advice on what I can do?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Dedub 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

We would need to see screenshots of Zap Run examples with timestamps where both are triggered including the DATA OUT from the Zap trigger step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Dedub, welcome to the Community! 👋

It sounds as though the second Zap is also running for registrations on Event A instead of just Event B. I took a look at the SharpSpring New Form Fillout Event trigger and couldn’t see any setup options available that allow you to limit it to a specific form. 

So you may need to add a filter to the Zaps and set each filter to only allow it to continue for registrations for a specific event. You can learn more about how to use filters here: Add conditions to Zaps with filters. That said, I should note that adding a a filter would make the Zap a Multi-Step Zap which is a feature only available to paid plans.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any trouble setting up the filters or need any further help at all just let us know! 🙂