Skip to main content

I wrote a zap that makes a time entry in Clio when a certain Gmail label is applied. It was working, except that it was triggering on things that I did want it to because the gmail filter was over-labeling things. So, I added a filter to the zap to double check. It was more or less working, except that it filtered two of the five emails that it shouldn’t have. I’ve been trying to figure out why. However, I’m now unable to publish the zap and I have no idea why. How can I tell?

Hi @JLO 

Check the left rail Status section for guidance.

It says “this Zap has no issues”

Hmmm. I just made a duplicate, and that published. Weird. 

Hmmm. I just made a duplicate, and that published. Weird. 

But the new one doesn’t work. It says its working “Sent one new time entry to Clio,” but that entry never shows up. I tried to reconfigure that step. Now I can’t publish again. 

@JLO 

We would need to see screenshots with how the Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

It turns out it was just pulling the wrong date out of the text, so I was sending the entries, they were just outside of the range I was looking at in Clio. So, I'll just have to cut up the text a bit when I get back to it. 

I'll give the flow-of-consciousness posting a break. Thanks for your help. 

Hi @JLO,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.