Question

Zap using the wrong value when a line item quantity is greater than 0

• 26 December 2023
  • 5 replies

I have created a zap that pulls in product line items form Salesforce. By using a series of formatting steps, I break these products into billable line items (quantity, price, description). 

However, if the quantity is greater than 1 than zapier is using quantity * output item as the Price. So instead of a price of $150 (3 x 50) and a price of 630 (10.5 X 60) I get a price of 3x150 and 60*630. 

Any idea ?? Not sure what a quantity greater than 1 would make zapier ignore the output fields 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @timweis 

It’s unclear which Zap action app/event you are using from the screenshots.

Have you tried reaching out to that app’s support for possible guidance to troubleshoot?

I am using the COPY : 2024 Invoice Multiple items and STAX says it is simply processing the data it is getting from zapier. 

Where is the meta price variable coming form ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@timweis 

FYI: Most Zap apps are created and managed by the app developer (not by Zapier) using the Zapier Developer Platform.

Have you shown STAX Support your example?

The fact that there are separate sections for each line item in the Zap action is unusual, as most apps use 1 section to handle line items, which to me may indicate their Zap action is not configured correctly behind the scenes in their Zap app.

So the issue only happens when the quantity is greater than 1. And it happens if there is only 1 line item with 1 or more in the quantity field. I have tested it every which way and the issue seems to be in the zap using the wrong value.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@timweis 

FYI: Most Zap apps are created and managed by the app developer (not by Zapier) using the Zapier Developer Platform.

Have you shown STAX Support your example?