Best answer

Zap stuck at "Looking for new files" when uploading Dropbox video to YouTube.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

I hope you are doing well.

When I click on Run Zap it gets stuck at Looking for new files and do not upload dropbox video to youtube most of the time.

Some it works but most of the time it does not work.

Please help me to fix it.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 9 October 2023, 18:46

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @veajawad 

Good question.

Check your Zap Runs history for activity/issues: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Ok, I can see the following error in history:

2. Upload Video in YouTubeThis YouTube step was throttled by Zapier.

Why it's occurring and how do i fix it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@veajawad

Can you post screenshots to give us more context?

Help articles for using YouTube in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/youtube/help

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Zap
Zap Details
History
More Detailed History and error

Please check and help me to fix this.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@veajawad 

Held

Zap runs can have a status of Held for one of four reasons:

• Too much data: too many steps (100+) would have been triggered when Zapier checked for new data. This "flood protection" prevents a significant number of tasks from being automated by mistake. This helps keep your task usage down and prevents unintended tasks.
  • Disconnected app: the connection to one of the app accounts used in the Zap is no longer active. Reconnect the app account, then replay the held Zap run.
  • Task limit reached: the account has exceeded its plan limit for tasks or Zaps, or uses a premium app that is not supported by the plan. To replay the held Zap run, upgrade your Zapier plan.
  • Payment issue: the payment information on the account has expired. To replay the held Zap run, update your payment method.
  • Restricted app: your Zapier account owner or admin has limited the use of the app and you do not have permission to use it. 

Learn how to replay Zap runs that failed or were not successful.

The Zap runs page will not show activity if your Zap checks for new data and does not find any.

You can filter your Zap runs by status, date range, owner, folder, apps, or Zap name. You can also search your entire Zap history with the search bar in the upper right, which will search all the data that was sent to and received by each step in your Zaps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Ok, Thanks a lot for the help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @veajawad,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

From what I can see, this could be due to the limitation on Zapier for free and trial users. If you're on a Free or Trial Zapier plan, you're limited to uploading up to 5 videos in a 24-hour period with the YouTube app. To fix held Zap runs, wait 24 hours, and you can replay them. To upload more than 5 videos in a day, you'll need to upgrade to a Zapier paid plan.

More about this here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495991159693#h_01HA9NSTX67K1WN7WGRVWBWMM5

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Got it. Thanks. I am going to upgrade my plan. :-) 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Ok, I upgraded my plan, but the issue is still not resolved. Please help me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @veajawad,

It looks like the issue is now resolved as you mentioned on this post: 

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗