Best answer

Zap Run History is empty -> Contact Added to Specific List in Brevo not triggering Zap

I created a Zap to create hubspot contacts when Brevo contact is in list.

When I run it manually as a test to set up the Zap it works.

However, it DOES NOT work when I run it via the UI manually.

I’ve clicked ‘Run’ multiple times and do not see any history there.

What am I doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by SamB 19 March 2024, 17:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SDS2023 

Good question.

Zaps work while ON for new data going forward.

Has new trigger data been added?

Yes, I manually added it.

I also modified the webhook on SIB/Brevo to make sure it triggered for contact updates and when added to list too.

Still do not see it in history.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SDS2023 

Good question.

When triggering the Zap to run manually, if there are 0 records found for the Zap trigger step conditions, then there will be 0 Zap Runs.

The Brevo Zap triggers are “scheduled”, which mean those can take from 1-15 minutes to trigger automatically depending on your Zapier plan.

I published it over 3 hours ago and I still do not see any history for this Zap.

But its good to know that its scheduled and not triggered.

Lastly, I set up to import a subset of my contacts from a list (85 only) so I am not expecting it to be this slow anyway.

If I can verify that it works, I dont mind switching to a paid account either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SDS2023 

To give us more context, please post detailed screenshots with how each Zap step is configured.

Its a really simple Zap that is supposed to create a contact in hubspot when added to a specific list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SDS2023 

We need to see how each Zap step is configured.

Here is how Brevo is set up.

In hubspot, I have the create contact feature

Not sure if this is what you were looking for or if there is additional information that should be shared.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SDS2023 

If the Zap is ON and NOT triggering automatically on it’s own (up to 15 minute), then either:

1. There has been 0 new contacts added to the specific Brevo list.
    1. Test by adding new contacts to the Brevo list after the Zap is turned ON, then wait, and check the Zap Runs: https://zapier.com/app/history/
  2. There is an issue with the Brevo Zap app trigger integration.

So here is what I did manually.

1. Created a new user and added that user to the List
  2. Added an existing user to the list.
  3. Updated an existing user and then added them to the list.

Only in the first case did the user get created in Hubspot.

In case 2 and 3, the user DID NOT get created.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @SDS2023! 👋

I did some checking and it seems that it’s expected that the New Contact Added to a Specific List trigger will only trigger for brand new contacts, not existing contacts:
621ddafaf1fb09ca9341ac3c8418193e.png

However, I did find an existing bug report that was opened as existing contacts were previously meant to work for this trigger so I’ve added you to the list of users being affected by this.

I can’t make any promises as to when it will be fixed but we’ll send you an email notification as soon as it is. There’s no known workarounds reported at present but if we come across any we’ll be sure to share them with you here! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks,

I have good news to share - the bug report has finally been closed! 😁🎉

In case you missed the email notification that was sent out here’s the key information from it:

I'm writing about an issue you reported on the Brevo "New Contact Added to a Specific List" trigger. Zaps using this trigger weren't always triggering when contacts were added to the selected list.

Our partners at Brevo have deprecated this trigger and created a new trigger to replace it. If you update your Zaps to use the new "Contact Subscribed to Specific List(s)" trigger, that should fix this issue :

f021ea4d1b49449be23fc87e1da54589.png

Please do give that new trigger a try and let us know if you run into any trouble. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡