Best answer

Zap not working - Texting through RingCentral to create a new Trello Card (tasks)

• 15 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello - I created a Zap to connect RingCentral to Trello

I want to be able to text various Tasks through RingCentral and that would Trigger creating a New Card in a specific List and Board in Trello every time. Like a to-do list but instead Tasks from our Agents for the Admin team to work on. Please help.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 15 July 2021, 13:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ElineTC 

Check out the available triggers/actions/searches for each app.

https://zapier.com/apps/ringcentral/integrations/trello

Userlevel 1

Thank you. I thought I could text from my RingCentral app through Zapier and it would create a task in Trello. Thank you I’ll check it out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ElineTC!

It sounds like you’ll want to build a Zap that looks a little like this:

Trigger: RingCentral New SMS Sent

Action: Trello Create Card 

That’s the basic shape of what you need, though you might need some more steps in the middle depending on exactly what you’d like to do. For example, if you don’t want a card created for every new message sent you can add a Filter step so only some messages will create card. Or if you want to match the information in the message to a specific Trello board or list, you might need to add some steps that will search Trello for the right board, etc. 

I hope that helps!

Userlevel 1

Wonderful, thank you I’ll check it out.

Do you know if I could text a Trello card / list directly from Ringcentral?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ElineTC

You should be able to, yes, though it depends exactly how much you want to text! You’ll probably need a step in the Zap that finds the card or list first (or you can trigger from a new card), that will fetch the details of the card, which you can then add to the RingCentral send SMS action in the Zap. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @ElineTC

You should be able to, yes, though it depends exactly how much you want to text! You’ll probably need a step in the Zap that finds the card or list first (or you can trigger from a new card), that will fetch the details of the card, which you can then add to the RingCentral send SMS action in the Zap. 

Thank you! So much to learn, excited to try it out :)