Best answer

Zap not reading the custom input fields from the chrome extension

• 28 July 2022
  • 3 replies

The custom input fields added in the New Push in Zapier Chrome extension trigger are not visible for the subsequent Create Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets action.
What could be the cause, or how could I troubleshoot this? The fields are visible and filled when the zap is triggered...

But not visible in the action properties

icon

Best answer by christina.d 28 July 2022, 22:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya @Trac12! Thanks for stopping by and welcome to the Community! 

Hmm, are you able to try sending a sample test through where the Category and Description fields are populated and then hitting the refresh fields button in the action setup? I wonder if that will help.

Here’s a help doc on creating test data in your trigger that walks you through that.

Keep us posted! 🙂

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi Christina,

Thanks for your reply.

No I was not able to send a sample test, or run the Zap with data entered in the Chrome extension
I looked at the link for setting up test data, but it does not apply to the situation, as the trigger is from the chrome extension, as shown below.

How do I setup the Zap as in the example above, and read the input fields in subsequent actions?

Why isn’t it working out of the box?

Hi,

I now got it to work by selecting other test data.

Thanks for the tip!