Question

{{zap_meta_human_now}} is not using TimeZone from Profile Setting nor Zap Setting

Hopefully the title says it all.

When using {{zap_meta_human_now}} in a text task, it defaults to GMT. I saw someone else had this issue, but since it was not resolved, I felt it was worthy of another thread.

As the title explains, I’ve set my timezone on my account setting and on my zap setting with no change in results. I even took it steps further by trying multiple time zones across the spectrum on both settings and still get the same result. 

I would rather not have to use a date/time transformer in order to save on tasks.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @wlopez POL 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

What app are you using? Please send screenshots of the Zap setup so we’ll have more context on how the Zap is configured.

Slack. I am using a simple text zap to send a message to a Slack channel. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @wlopez POL,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

One option would be to use a Date Time Formatter step to change the format of the date to the timezone you expect. You can read more about how to use a Date Time Formatter step at: https://zapier.com/help/modifying-dates-and-times/#reformatting-dates-and-time

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

As mentioned in the original post, “I would rather not have to use a date/time transformer in order to save on tasks.”

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @wlopez POL 

I think Ken provided the best solution for your Zap.