Best answer

{{zap_meta_human_now}} gives correct time zone when testing but not in an actual zap

• 8 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am using {{zap_meta_human_now}} to update a date field in Airtable. I have my Profile Settings to America/New York for Eastern time. 

When I test the action, the date and time “12/8/2022 2:30pm” is updated in Airtable. 

When the Zap runs from an actual trigger, it instead puts “12/8/2022 9:30am,” a 5 hour difference. 

Any ideas why it works in the test function, but not in the live Zap?

icon

Best answer by CarlL 8 December 2022, 20:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@CarlL 

That is peculiar. Have you checked your Zapier Run History to see if that gives any insight and double checked the field settings in Airtable?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CarlL 

Good question.

Check your Zap specific Timezone Settings found here: Zap Editor > right rail > Setting > Timezone field

Userlevel 1
Badge

@CarlL 

That is peculiar. Have you checked your Zapier Run History to see if that gives any insight and double checked the field settings in Airtable?

@Troy Tessalone The Zap specific settings are correct, so that wasn’t the problem. 

@GetUWired Thanks, that showed me the problem. Zapier was giving the time in the correct time zone, but Airtable was reading it as being in UTC time. I don’t understand why that does not affect testing the action and I’ve not had the problem in other Zaps using Airtable. But for this one, I changed the use to {{zap_meta_utc_iso}} and now it is accurate in Airtable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CarlL 

I’ve had other clients experience this issue as well in Airtable.

Airtable recently made changes to how Date fields handle timezones, so that may be the root of the issue.

Check your Airtable Date field settings related to timezone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for swinging back around to share your solution with the community, @CarlL

Appreciate you sharing the Airtable insight too, @Troy Tessalone! Super handy to know. 🤗