Skip to main content
Question

Zap is Triggering upon creation rather than upon publish

Hi. We use Humanitix as our ticket provider and we use Zapier to import the events to our Wordpress calendar for our website.

For the last year, we’ve only been able to set it so that events “zap” upon CREATION of the event in Humanitix and not when the event is PUBLISHED on Humanitix. I don’t know if this is poor design, user error, or a bug but it’s insane and creates a huge amount of work for us. When an event is created it doesn’t have any details so the event “zaps” over to our website with no details and I have to go to wordpress and manually input them. Or, if I duplicate an event in Humanitix then the event “zaps” over to our website with the old event and, again, I have to go update them manually in wordpress.

Why would anyone ever want an event “zapped” upon creation? I want it to “zap” when it’s published on Humanitix. Is there any way to change this or a plan to fix this or am I just going to have to abandon Zapier and Humanitix?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @lilithldo 

Most Zap apps are created and managed by the app developer using the Zapier Developer Platform.

You may want to try reaching out to Humanitix Support for possible help using their Zap app integration.

One option to explore may be to use the Humanitix API in Zaps: https://humanitix.stoplight.io/docs/humanitix-public-api/e508a657c1467-humanitix-public-api

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lilithldo,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.