Best answer

Zap is not posting in WordPress automatically

• 3 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello, i have created one zap, it is not automatically posting in wordpress, while i manually tested the zaps in each step the status was successful and also posting in wordpress. But while publishing, it is not automatically posting in my wordpress although while checking history for that paticular zaps all the steps are successful and trigerring but not posting on the wordpress.

kindly can you help me in this.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 3 October 2023, 22:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @rhllsin 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots of these to have more context:

• How your Zap steps are configured
  • DATA IN/OUT from your Zap Run steps

DATA IN: Image:

DATA OUT:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@rhllsin

Check the DATA OUT for the WordPress steps to see the returned IDs to help you troubleshoot.

For the DATA IN, if you see {{variable}} then it means the mapped variable value was missing (blank/empty/null).

As you can see in this zap, we have all the successful  steps still it is not posting automatically but when i manually test each steps it is working fine and even it is posting on wordpress

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @rhllsin,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

+1 to what Troy mentioned. 

Whenever you see those {{...}} curly braces around entries in the Data In of an action, this means that there is a field mapped there in the Zap Editor, but when the Zap ran live this data was not sent from a previous step.

My hunch here is that the 2nd step of your Zap is not generating a conversation that’s why it’s returning an empty data. Could you please check if your ChatGPT steps is setup correctly? Also, have you tried using OpenAI “Send Prompt” action instead?

Please keep us posted.

Hi @ken.a & @Troy Tessalone 

Hope you are doing well. when each steps are being tested the zap is working fine even the post is being publish on the wordpress. The zap is working fine till one week it is even posting automatically, but after that i can’t able to figure out where i am wrong. i have even tried creating new zap even switch the wordpress account to other.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @rhllsin,

I understand, but it looks like the ChatGPT step is not sending the generated prompt. Could you please check the DATA OUT section of the Zap run to see if the ChatGPT step is returning the prompt? That might be the cause of the issue.

Please keep us posted.