Question

Zap from ConvertKit Form not receiving data from dropdown fields

• 16 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello!

I am creating a zap that is meant to be triggered when a specific ConvertKit form is submitted.

This ConvertKit form includes short text form fields (Such as First Name, Last Name, email, etc), and dropdown selection form fields. (For example, “Language” with the two dropdown options: English, Español).

The test data that Zapier does include the data from the text form fields, but doesn’t grab any data at all from the dropdown fields. (Neither the existence of the dropdown field itself, nor the data within it)

Note that every field on the form is a required field. The only difference between each field is some are text fields and others are dropdown fields. 

In ConvertKit, dropdown fields work by assigning tags. In other words, whatever option someone picks in a dropdown field in a ConvertKit form will be added to them as a tag.

Has anyone else run into this? Or anyone at Zapier available who knows a way we can get the dropdown form data into the Zap?

Thanks so much!

Jacob

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jacobw201 

Good question.

Have you tried reaching out ConvertKit Support for guidance about this issue with their Zap app?

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Troy Tessalone - I’ve done that now too! I’ll do my best to report here what I learn =)

Userlevel 1

FYI for anyone else wondering about this - as of the date of this post ConvertKit doesn’t send tag data from forms to Zapier - and since dropdown fields in their forms are (for some reason?) tags, dropdown field data won’t get grabbed by Zapier

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @jacobw201,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team regarding this one. Our Support Team can create a feature request on your behalf.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help 

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Thanks @ken.a - I just did that now!