Question

Zap error: Required field “First Name” (firstName) is missing

• 18 August 2023
  • 12 replies

I’m new here, trying to set up my first zap but I keep getting an error message; Required field “First Name” (firstName) is missing. I’m trying to set up a wix website lead form to populate our CRM call Spark. I’ve scoured the internet to no avail. If anyone has any insight, I would appreciate the help. Thanks!

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @HernaB 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help give us more context, thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @HernaB ,

If you look in your Zap History for that Zap you will see that step 1 isn’t producing any data from the fields you have mapped into step 2.

And we can further see that those fields don’t show by searching for “contact” in step 1. There’s no “First name” there

It looks like these oddly named fields might be want you want for first name and phone:

Hey Shalgrim… Awesome suggestion! I tried using each of the oddly named fields in the first name field and it still doesn’t work. If I run a test within Zappier, it works with the sample data. Once I go to my lead form, fill it out and submit it, I receive an email with the error message. I’ve doubled and triple checked the settings on my lead form and all the fields are labeled correctly. Any other suggestions to try and get this to work? Thanks :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Looks like things are mostly working in the latest version, except you’ve got last name mapped to first name?

I did that as a test. It’s still not working. Still getting the error message….

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@HernaB 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help give us more context, thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Can you give more detail? The most recent run in your Zap History is a success with no error message

Hmmm…. not sure what happened there? I don’t use that information to test with? I just ran a couple more test and I just receive the error message. At this point, I’m not sure what more information I can give as I’m new to this. There is a clear issue that wix isn’t sending the correct information. I just opened a ticket with Wix, they said they were having some issue with automations and already escalated my ticket to see if I’m one of the customers affected. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

In the last two Zap runs the first name field comes through consistently in field “field:comp-llfwwk93” … have you tried mapping that field instead of the first name field?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@HernaB 

The best way for us to help you is to be able to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with screenshots of your Zap Runs DATA IN/OUT.

That did it! Now I get it! I found where you were able to see the field “field:comp-llfwwk93,” I mapped everything correctly and that did it. All my information is coming through correctly. Thank you so much my friend. Can’t tell you how much I appreciate the help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Oh good, I’m glad we got there.

I don’t know what’s up with the weird naming of those fields. I’ll be curious to hear if it has something to do with what Wix said had broken some automations.