Question

Zap disconnection issue: 'Invalid Permission' Error with Facebook connections.

• 18 September 2023
  • 5 replies

I read more than 10 threads about this, but all of them seems to be old, or talking about a general issue last February. 

I’m having issue with all my client’s zap connection btw Facebook and others (Gmail, Whatconverts, etc) I reconnect them, and on the same day, next day, or a few days later It got automatically disconnected with the error “invalid permission..”  I’m admin, full access, etc. 

I already talked with fb and they say that is not their problem, so can I ask someone to help me here? I’m closer to lose a lot clients because this.

(I’m using GoHighLevel with the same account and I don’t have errors on that integration)

Thanks,
Alan

5 replies

To add an example, last Thursday  we have Success, 2 days after (saturday/sunday) Stopped

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Alan - MHL,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied yesterday with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

I just tested all of the accounts successfully, did you reconnect them all? Or was there a change in Facebook recently to get them all to work again? 

I did review our logs again and now see a couple of messages appearing when trying to connect to Facebook

{"error":{"message":"Error validating access token: Sessions for the user are not allowed because the user is not a confirmed user.","type":"OAuthException","code":190,"error_subcode":464,"fbtrace_id":"A34a59dRsqdGfDWMYRiM4h1"}}

And

{"error":{"message":"Error validating access token: The user has not authorized application 234230510040096.","type":"OAuthException","code":190,"error_subcode":458,"fbtrace_id":"AlsurpiY5oqr_nNmw8n5aFd"}}

The first message is the similar to the one we discussed initially, which is that you would need to log in to confirm the account. I believe this could be done by following the link to "secure your account now" from this screenshot. 

Looking at the second message in our notes, it appears like this may have been caused by clicking the "Clear History" option in your Off-Facebook Activity settings. If this is happening often, this would be why the account is getting disconnected. 

Can you please confirm that you followed the link to "Secure your account now" from the email you receive when the connection is broken?

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email.

Thank you for your understanding.

Did you ever get this resolved? Having issues too

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @zackap! 👋

I checked on the related support ticket and couldn’t see a response from @Alan - MHL to confirm it was resolved. That said, there were some additional troubleshooting steps suggested by the Support folks so that I’ll share here in case it’s helpful to you:

“I see that it is getting turned off for the following error:

Could not get the access_token for this page. Please reconnect your Facebook account to Zapier and ensure you have admin permissions for this page

Facebook permissions can be very granular - so we just need to double-check that everything is set up correctly.

Most of the time, these issues happen when permissions are incorrect in either the Page Owner's Facebook Business Manager account or the Facebook Business Manager account connected to Zapier. 

Is the  Facebook Account connected in Zapier the Owner of the Page? Alternatively, is there another Facebook Business Manager account that Owns the Page?

You can see our public help documents for Facebook Lead Ads Permissions here:

To help me investigate this further, please confirm the following for me. If you can share a full screenshot of each of these panels, including the entire browser window, it will help with troubleshooting any potential issues:

STEP 1 - Confirm that the right form has been selected in the Zap and Facebook Lead Ads.

STEP 2 - Confirm Permissions in Client's Business Manager (only if the account connected in Zapier is not the Page Owner). You will want the Page Owner to confirm these permissions in their Business Manager: https://business.facebook.com/settings/partners/

STEP 2 - Confirm Permissions in the Facebook Account that's Connected in Zapier. You will want to confirm these permissions in the Business Manager of the Page **FACEBOOK PAGE NAME** .

STEP 3 - Reconnect the Account in Zapier. Once all those settings have been confirmed - you can reconnect the Facebook Lead Ads Account in Zapier:

STEP 4 - Lastly, can you try the Facebook Lead Ads Testing Tool and share the results? We have more information about this here: https://zapier.com/help/doc/use-the-facebook-lead-ads-testing-tool-to-create-sample-leads

This will give us some additional data to help troubleshoot what might be happening here.
Use the Testing Tool

1. Go here: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/lead-ads-testing/
  2. Select the appropriate Page and Form
  3. Click "Create Lead" (you might need to click "Delete Lead" first if you have done one before).
  4. Click the "Track Status" button. You may need to click this more than once.
  5. Review the section below "Track Status" for any errors or messages
  6. Send me a screenshot of that page once you've clicked the "Track Status" button, including any errors or messages.

Here is a screenshot to illustrate these steps: https://cdn.zappy.app/b2ee9b049cf4c6d6e3e24e6d7abd4cf4.png

Since there are so many permissions needed to connect to Facebook, we tend to recommend walking through each one when errors like this occur. ”

Hope that helps! If you’re still running into issues after having tried those steps I’d recommend contacting our Support team here. They’ll be able to dig into the logs for your account which us folks in Community don’t have access too and can help investigate further. 

Thanks @SamB ! 

I’ve tried all those steps; and the issues I run into is that:

1. Even though I have FULL PERMISSION with Leads Access selected too, the account isn’t listed in “Leads Access” portion of our business manager. That said, we have many clients who aren’t listed here, but is working just fine.
  2. We’ve done all the troubleshooting steps, but continue to get “CRM access has been revoked from Lead Access Manager”