Question

WordPress error code 500: You are not allowed to upload this file type.” try different file types, but not accepted

• 28 September 2023
  • 8 replies

I tried more than one time and different tutorial to solve this but I can’t.

The problem:

• I need to upload the image generated by DALL.E to WordPress
  • Got this error “WordPress ran into an issue. Error code 500: Sorry, you are not allowed to upload this file type.”
  • Tried different file types ( .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .ico) but not accepted!!

How to solve this problem.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello and welcome to the Community @perthdigitalagency! 🙂

It could be that the image link supplied by step 5 of the Zap had since expired. Can you try testing that action step again to generate a new Image URL? Then test step 6 again to see if it’s now able to upload the image.

If that doesn’t work then it could be there there are some security plugins or settings in your wp-config.php file that are preventing the Zap from uploading files. Can you take a look in WordPress to see if there’s anything on that end that might be blocking the upload?

Looking forward to hearing how this goes!

Thanks for getting nack to us.

Honestly, we were able to upload an image directly from Zapier to WordPress for our first post. However, for our 2nd and 3rd post we are getting the “Error code 500: Sorry, you are not allowed to upload this file type.”

We didn’t change any setting on our WP backend as well as on the zap. Is there any other turn around for us to automate it?

Additionally, we are using an RSS feed for our post but it seems that even it was triggered successfully, it doesn’t fetch the new post automatically.

Looking forward to your response. Thanks a lot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @perthdigitalagency,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I’m not exactly sure what is the issue here. From what I can see on the screenshot, the field mapping looks great.

That said, I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team so that they can take closer look at the Zap and its logs to determine the cause of the issue.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help 

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for jumping in.

We were trying to reach your Support Team at https://zapier.com/app/get-help but it’s taking too long to load and we can’t proceed asking for help.

On the other note, the error code we’re getting is 500, so we’re suspecting it that it has to do with the server. With that, we probably need to whitelist your IP addresses for our system. Can you please provide us with the specific IP addresses that Zapier uses for its servers?

Looking forward to your response. Thanks a lot!

Please help us resolve this issue immediately. Thanks!

Hi Ken,

We can’t contact your Support Team via the link you provided. It just keeps on loading.

Never mind this, we have figure it out but we need another help in reconnecting Wordpress to Zapier and I’ll be posting another one specifically for it. Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Never mind this, we have figure it out but we need another help in reconnecting Wordpress to Zapier and I’ll be posting another one specifically for it. Thanks.

Hi. Could you share what you did to fix this? Thanks.