Skip to main content

Hello,

I have been using Zapier and WordPress together without any issues for a long time. However, recently the connection keeps failing, and despite following all the instructions you provided, I still encounter the "authentication failed" error.

I have upgraded WordPress as you suggested, and I made sure to input the correct base URL, username, and password. Despite these efforts, the issue persists.

It's been two months now, and this problem remains unresolved. All I’ve received so far are brief email responses that haven't led to a solution. I need this issue to be fully addressed.

Please help me resolve this as soon as possible.

Hi there @sam10👋

So sorry to hear of the troubles here. Hmm, has anything changed on the WordPress site itself that might have caused the connection to no longer work?

I’m wondering whether a new plugin or setting was enabled that might have resulted in Zapier’s access being blocked as that might account for why the account connection suddenly no longer works. Do you think that could be the case?

Looking forward to hearing from you on this! 

Hi @SamB 

I did install new plugins while trying to connect Zapier, but I did not install any plugins that conflict with Zapier.
Here is your list of conflicting plugins,

• Jetpack
  • WordFence Security
  • iTheme Security
  • WP Rocket
  • JWT Authentication
  • WP-Content Copy Protection & No Right Click
  • Limit Login Attempts Reloaded
  • SiteGuard WP Plugin
  • IP Geo Block
  • WPS Hide Login
  • reCaptcha by BestWebSoft
  • ProfileBuilder

and here is the list of plugins installed on my WordPress.

• Zapier for WordPress
  • WIDE - File Manager & Code Editor
  • ACF: Better Search
  • All-in-One WP Migration
  • All-in-One WP Migration Multisite Extension
  • Aurora Heatmap
  • Disable WP REST API
  • Email Log
  • Gmail SMTP
  • GTM4WP - A Google Tag Manager (GTM) plugin for WordPress
  • Head, Footer and Post Injections
  • Rank Math SEO
  • WP File Manager - PRO
  • WP Mail SMTP
  • WPCode Lite

I would like to know if the issue is indeed caused by a plugin or if there is another problem.

Thanks for looking into that @sam10. Ah, that list of plugins contains those that are known to have caused issues for multiple customers in the past so there may well be other plugins not on the list that also block access.

Was the Disable WP REST API plugin you’re using enabled while your Zaps were connecting successfully to your WordPress account? Asking as I’m thinking it’s likely that plugin causing issues.

I’m not sure what version of the plugin you’re using but 4.7 it appears to block all API access to logged-out users and earlier versions block all API access entirely. Even though the Zaps would be connected via your login details, the plugin may be checking whether the user is currently logged into WordPress to verify whether API access is allowed. 🤔

Can you reach out to our Support team and ask whether they’re seeing an error message in the logs for your account like the error mentioned here:

48ab289bccc18aa861201b7c69a688dd.png
Keen to help get to the bottom of this so please keep us updated on what they find in the error logs! 🙂

@SamB 

I followed your advice and deleted the Disable WP REST API plugin. After proceeding as I did previously, I was able to successfully connect. However, I am still unable to pull the www.uju.com/ko page, which was a Zap using WordPress legacy. Could you please assist me in resolving this issue?

Thanks for getting back to me on this @sam10. Glad to hear disabling that Disable WP REST API plugin allowed you to add the connection, but sorry you’re now running into a further error.

Looking at the help text there it seems you might need to remove ‘/ko’ from the URL you’re using:
d231b44eb48508e73c401e2a1aab6ba6.png

If that doesn’t resolve things, were the permalink settings changed recently at all? Asking as we see that type of “Error parsing response” with WordPress sometimes when there’s an issue with the permalink settings being used. Can you try changing the permalink settings in WordPress and see if that resolves the error? Check out our Error: Expat or Parsing for details.

That said, I’d also recommend upgrading to the latest version of the WordPress app on Zapier instead of using a legacy version. In case that’s what is causing these errors. 

Hope to hear from you soon! 🙂

Hi @SamB 

I wanted to follow up on your previous suggestion regarding using a complete base URL. How can I retrieve the /koversion from our WordPress multisite setup?

Interestingly, while I can access content from other sections without any issues, I am unable to retrieve data from areas with the same name across different sites. For example, I need to access the ASK section for four different country-specific sites, but I’m only able to retrieve one.

Your guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies for the delay in my reply here, @sam10

Ah, sorry I didn’t realise you were attempting to connect a multisite. I’ve checked on this end and it should be possible to connect to a multisite although I couldn’t find any specific documentation on how to connect the WordPress app on Zapier to a multisite specifically.

However, I did come across some documentation for the WooCommerce app (a WordPress plugin) that mentions that it’s necessary to connect via a Super Admin user account:
fa26cf560fdefad062e88c38cd56e19e.png

Could you try connecting using a Super Admin user account with /ko kept in the Base URL field and see if that then allows you to connect to the site and access the KO specific data?